Chapter 5

Marco's P.O.V.

I ran up to my room as fast as I could. I slammed the door shut, and locked it. I needed to think. I miss Star, like, the real Star. She would never act like this. Sure she was hyper a lot of the time, at least she knew what personal space was. Star is one of my best friends, and even though I've only known her for a few months, I know a lot about her, and I know this isn't her. I need to think of a plan to get her back.
"Okay," I said a loud to myself, but quickly looking under the crack of the door to make sure Star wasn't standing outside my room. "I got her into this with magic, maybe I could get her out of this with magic." I paused, trying to think of how I could do that. "That's it! I'll look in Star's spell book."
It was probably in Star's room. Just my luck. I sighed and slowly opened the door. I poked my head out of my room to make sure she wasn't there. Luckily she wasn't, and her door was wide open. I swiftly stepped into Star's room, and started to look for any possible places the book could be. First, I looked under Star's bed. Unfortunately it wasn't there. Then I decided to look in Star's drawers. Nothing, nothing, and more nothing... Then all of a sudden I found something. It was Star's diary. I knew I probably shouldn't read it, but I've always wanted to know what has been going through Star's mind. I decided to start reading it, but I decided to just skip around, being I still needed to look for Star's spell book.

Dear Diary,
Today is my first day on Earth. It is so weird here. So many things exist here that I've only heard of in fairy tales. It is just amazing.

---

Dear Diary,
I know I said earlier that Earth is amazing, but nothing on Earth is as amazing as my new friend Marco. He can fight, and together we just beat the heck out of Ludo and all of his monsters. I am so happy that I am going to be living with him.

---

Dear Diary,
Something weird is happening. I think I am feeling a certain way towards Marco that I've only felt towards one other person. I think I love Marco. Not a friend love, no, it's more than that. I don't know what to do. Ever since I've met him, I always thought he was cute. But I told myself that I could never have a crush on him because we live together, and things would get awkward. Worse, he could just end up hating me, like I hate Tom. I want to tell someone, but Marco is the only person on Earth that I trust. Maybe I should try and have a crush on someone else? Yeah that sounds good. There's this kid who is always playing the keyboard, I guess he's kinda cute.

I immediately closed Star's diary. She likes me?! Is that why she jumped in front of Jackie? Is it because she couldn't stand the fact that I was going to have a girlfriend. I never thought she would do something this low, and this is coming from someone who just read her diary. I need to get her out of this, so I can talk to her about this. "Where is her spell book?" I asked myself.
"Looking for this?" Star asked standing in the doorway, holding the giant spell book. I was so flabbergasted, I dropped the diary that I was still holding.
"Star, I need that spell book." I said slowly walking towards her.
"I'll give you the spell book, if you go to the dance with me." Star giggled flirtatiously.
"I'm sorry Star I can't, I still want to ask Jackie."
"She's not gonna go with you," Star said rolling her eyes. "She's the one who asked Oscar to the dance."
Right when she said that, it felt like everything collapsed around me. How could I be so stupid? She was way out of my league, of coarse she would never go to the dance with me.
"Fine, I'll go with you," I said through gritted teeth. "Just leave me alone until then.
"Ooooh," Star said with a giggle, "you are so sexy when you're mad."
"I said LEAVE ME ALONE!" I never liked yelling at everyone, especially Star. She was so sweet, and kind. But this wasn't her. This was the complete opposite of her, and I hated it. I hated everything at the moment. I stormed past Star. But she quickly stopped me.
"Here you go, hot stuff." Star handed me the spell book. "A deal is a deal." She then made an attempt to kiss me, but I pushed her away.
"No." I mumbled angrily as I walked into my room and slammed the door. I just wanted to go to sleep. Sleep is the only thing that could distract me from the current situation. I looked at my alarm clock. It was about 8:00. I got ready for bed, and went to sleep. Hopefully this would all be over soon.

Star's P.O.V.

When I accidentally told Marco the Jackie and Oscar were going to the dance together, I saw him start to freak out. I wanted more than anything to be with him, and to comfort him, but I knew I couldn't do that. Luckily, Marco got the spell book, so maybe he can get me out of this mess ahead of time. I could see that Marco was rampaging through my room to try and find the spell book. As I walked around, cleaning up my room, I noticed a book on my floor... It was my diary. Marco read my diary. Oh no.

Hey guys,
Thanks again for 1k reads. You guys are amazing. Hope the wait was worth it.
-Em.