Chapter 9: Just another idiot

"You don't give up."

Ash looked up. He grinned at the sight of Misty standing facing him. Shockingly, she was showing more skin this morning with the shorts and the tank top. She was wearing her hair in a high ponytail. She looked lovely. It was making Ash smile. 

He was standing against his car so he pulled himself and walked toward the redhead. "Good morning, Miss I-hate-men."

Misty stepped back. The look Ash was giving her wasn't that innocent, but it didn't exactly make her feel bad, somehow. "You told me you'll never bother me if I have dinner with you."

"You didn't. You left during the dinner."

The redhead groaned. There was a little side of her that enjoyed being stalked by Ash Ketchum, but the pleasure was so tiny she was doing a great job hiding it.

Or so she thought.

"I don't care! Bye."

Misty shoved him out of her way and walked over to her car. As expected, Ash rushed and blocked her way by standing right against the car door.

"Hey, I looked for you everywhere on Sunday. Where were you?"

"Why should I tell you?" the redhead snapped.

"Uhm, well, that's a very good question... but—come on, you didn't miss me?"

Misty sighed. What did he think? Misty missed everyone in her life, and since she was getting used to having sweet Ash around, she kind of missed his company—and she just met him. It was weird, but she couldn't deny it.

But as long as she did not admit it to anyone, she was fine. "Ash, I have to get to my job. Move out of the way."

"Job job job job—chill, Misty! You need to chill. Will you go out with me?"

"Move."

"Misty! Come on!"

"Move."

"You sounded like my big sister for a second."

"Ash!"

"What? I'm not moving until you agree on hanging out with me!"

"I can't! I'm working—and—and why the hell are you up so early in the morning?"

"Eh, well, I had to catch you!"

Misty sighed again.

"Misty."

"What."

"Give up already."

"Leave me alone, Ash."

Misty wasn't sure why she felt horrible when she shoved Ash out of her way and started walking away. There was this tiny little voice in her head that was telling her to stop and go with Ash, but she was trying hard to resist the urge. She's been finding it hard to resist Ash for the past few days. This was getting crazy.

It was too tempting. Misty was not used to this kind of... feelings. The redhead tried hard to turn around just slightly so she can catch if Ash was still there or not with only the corner of her eye.

Turned out Ash was right behind her, his casual dirty smirk still on.

"Aaah!"

"Go with me? Please?"

"Argh! I hate you!"

Misty slapped Ash across the face with her bag and ran to her car. The raven haired quickly regained himself, ignored the odd stares he was gaining from people in the streets, and rushed to his car.