Opposites Don't Attract

Start from the beginning

"Mani," Dinah says and then looks at Camila and me an ally.

"How about we have a study group after school at my house. We can all do our project and I can get to know Ms. know it all over again" she says and I bite my lip from saying anything.

"No thanks, I have things to do after school," I say keeping my eyes on the book.

"Laur" mani and ally say. I look back but all I see is Camilla staring at me. I turn around calmly and get up as the bell rings.

"Wait up, Lauren wait up," Dinah says and I stop to look at her.

"When are you going to go back to the old Lauren," Dinah says and I give her a vicious glare.

"People change," I say and walk away last year I was friends with Dinah, I was on the cheer squad, got invited to everything. I was a very social butterfly but like they say people change and life goes on.

*bell rings*

"Where are you going" I hear behind me.

"Library," I say back.

"Your skipping on the first day" I stop in my tracks and turn to see Ms. Lovato.

"It's been a long time, " she says looking at me like she's astonished I'm still alive. She is hesitant before she speaks again.

"How have you been since........" She doesn't even finish the sentence.

"I'm better thanks for asking. I have to go now" I say but she grabs my book bag.

"Actually, I think I have you next. Come on in Ms. Jauregui" she says and I put on a smile and walk in. I sit in the back by myself and I see Camila looking back at me. But I just put my head down and start to sketch.

"Ms. Jauregui" I hear but keep my head down.

"What's one thing you wish you had back," she says and I snap my pencil out of frustration.

"Actually let us start the lesson for today......"

I look up to see half the class sleep the other half paying attention then there's Camila. I've never had a problem with her so I don't know why she keeps on looking at me but it pisses me off. I glare harshly at her and watch her still stare. I look back down and take deep breaths. I get up quickly and walk out as the bell rings.

"You ready to grub," mani says and I smile and say yes. I don't want everyone around me to feel my pain. It' wouldn't be fair of me to put my problems on someone else's shoulder.

(Camila's Pov)

"Hey Mila," Dinah says and my face lights up.

"Dinah," I say jumping on top of her, making her laugh.

"I miss you too mamas," she says and I laugh.

" how is your day going so far," she asks and I shrug.

" it's okay, what about you," she says as we walk back to the tables with the other cheerleaders.

"It's good," she says as she starts to talk to the other cheerleaders. I look at the other end to see Lauren sketching like always. Ever since last year incident, she's changed completely. I know of her rather than knowing her. I watch as she gets a text and then her pencil snaps. Seven. That's how many pencils she's broken today. I find her intriguing yet I don't think I would ever speak to her. She seems more of a home bodied person, while I'm social and loud and opposites attracting is a lie. Those are made up in fairy tales with a happy ending. There's no happy ending for me.