Chapter nineteen

Damien

The first few days after Marcus' death was when I really noticed the toll all this had taken on Kaitlin. It got harder to make her smile, and I knew she was hurting. She needed time to take all this in. I would stand beside her until she was her normal self again.

Our story was talked about by every pack member, no one knew I was Kaitlin's mate until the day I interrupted her wedding. Teenagers talked about our love, while the older pack members felt too guilty to blame Marcus since he was now dead.

**

I wanted to make Kaitlin forget her troubles. I wanted her to smile again. She was trying to overcome her loss but I knew it wouldn't be easy.

She lost both her parents, but I was here now. I would look after her.

I always thought I'd end up alone. That my mate would reject me, and I'd end up dying from separation but now I am an alpha.

An alpha. Who would have thought?

I had a pack to take care of, but mostly I have a mate that needs my support.

Kaitlin blames herself for her fathers choice. Although in Marcus' letter he tells her this is what he wanted she feels like she should have seen it coming.

***

I finished making breakfast and held the tray up to mine and Kaitlin's room. I could hear Kaitlin was taking a shower and took that as my cue to enter the room without knocking on the door.

Her sweet scent filled my senses.

I pulled one of the roses from the bouquet I purchased earlier and placed in front of her plate.

When the bathroom door opened Kaitlin was wearing her blue yoga pants and a black tank top. I smiled at her and ushered her towards the tray.

She gave me a slight smile and joined me.

"How you feeling today?"

She swallowed the juice before replying, "I'm alright, could be better but I'm getting there."

I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer to my body.

"We'll get through this. You're a strong person and I couldn't think of anyone who could endure the things you've been through, hell I couldn't even do it myself, but look at you. Look how strong you are."

We both stopped eating and took in the silence we sat in. Kaitlin's head found its way to my shoulder and I could tell she was willing herself not to cry. She wanted to get over this, she wanted to move on but that guilt was weighing her down.

I pulled her into my lap and hugged her.

"Thank you for being here," she whispers.

"Baby I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

**
Kaitlin ends up falling asleep in my arms. She hasn't been getting enough sleep which explains why she randomly dozes off in the middle of the day.

I hold her for a bit longer before I doze off as well.

I'm woken up to kisses being showered all over me. I try to sit up but I'm immediately pushed back down.

"Kaitlin babe? What are you doing?"

She smiles as a blush covers her pale skin.

"I need this Damien, I need you."

My heart beat increases. I want nothing more than to have her, but she's not well enough right now. I would hate for her to regret this.

"Baby you don't know what you're saying, you're doing this for the wrong reason."

She freezes over me.

"Do you not want me? Am I not enough?"

I sit up shocked that this is what she thinks.

"No. No! You've got it all wrong love, trust me you're the only person I would want. I just don't want you doing this for the wrong reason."

"Damien I want this because I love you. I want you to love me."

"Then that's exactly what I'll do."

____________________________
Wow... Hi!

Talk about being MIA.

I'm so sorry for just disappearing, I guess I just lost interest in this story, but I'm back now and I'm staying here!

Please let me know if you're still interested in this story or not and please remember to vote!

Thank you!

-Sarah.