Chapter six

Please leave your feedback.
Comment and vote!

Thank you.

Enjoy :)

******

Kaitlin

My face was covered in tears. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Why has my father turned in to a maniac?

"What do you mean you'll kill him? He's my mate and I refuse to let you hurt him."

"He's not your mate, never say that again. I don't care what anyone thinks. You're an alphas daughter. Do you know what that means? Your mate shouldn't and won't be the weakest pack member, you need a high ranked mate."

I gasped.

"I don't care about his ranking I just want him."

I shouted back at the monster my father was becoming.

He truly looked like he was ready to kill. I shouldn't have told him anything.

I worried about Damien's safety. I needed to do something to change my fathers mind, but what?

"Daddy please, I'm begging you to leave Damien alone. I will die without him, you know how it feels to lose your mate. Please don't make me go through the pain you went through, I'm not as strong as you; you know I'll die."

My screams had died down, my voice was barely a whisper, but I knew my father heard everything.

He knew what it felt like to lose your other half, he shouldn't be reacting this way. He should want me to experience the torture he went through.

I could see his features relax. Maybe I was actually getting through to him.

"Kaitlin sweetheart I'm an alpha and I wasn't able to protect your mother, how do you expect the pack runt to take care of you? I will not allow it, I refuse to let you get hurt."

"But you're hurting me by separating us."

"You'll get over it honey."

I walked away paying him no attention. I needed to warn Damien. I knew my father would act on impulse.

Getting in my car I ignored his screams and made my way over to Damien's place.

I smiled as I saw Damien's small house come into my view, hurriedly getting out of my car I ran to his doorstep.

"Damien! Damien." I pounded on the door until he opened it.

"Kaitlin? What happened? What's wrong?"

I pushed him back in his house, and explained everything that happened.

His face was pale, I could tell he was afraid. He knew how much my father resented him.

"It's okay. It was bound to happen someday." He whispered while still looking pale.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have opened my mouth, but don't worry I won't let my dad control us."

He went to say something but stopped when we heard multiple growls coming from the other side of the door.

I watched as he swallowed his fear and walked towards the door.

I followed him and grasped his hand giving him a small smile and pushing all my fear to the back of my mind.

We would do this together.

-------