FOURteen

ok SO before i start the chapter i want to say that i am NOT promoting hopping into bed with boys. with my religion i believe that is something that happens after marriage, even if two people are just going to sleep or something idk. some of the actions and choices my characters make are not my personal choices and i wanted to let you all know of that beforehand.

  also comment a lot if u want a dedication lolz

.

mia

.

  "C'mere, Cat." Harry said to the small animal. She meowed and brushed herself up against him before pouncing on his foot. "Ow!"

  "Maybe she doesn't like you." I smirked, rolling over on the floor of the RV so that I was laying on my stomach. We had spent the past few hours playing around with her and I had to admit, even though I was most definitely a dog person, this cat was cute.

  "She loves me." Harry frowned. "I'm just glad they de-clawed her front paws or my foot would've been all scratched up by now." 

  "When do you think she'll get worn out from all this playing? It's almost two a.m and she's still wide awake." I yawned.

  "Cats sleep whenever they feel like it, day or night. I'm sure if we went to bed she would settle down more. Isn't that right, Cat? You want to go night night?" The small cat latched herself onto his finger and he yelped.

  "I like her." I mused.

  We both got up and began to get ready for bed with Cat trailing behind us as we maneuvered from the bathroom to the bedroom and all around the RV. A few times she had started to cuddle up into her small bed, which made me hopeful that once we turned it in she would try and sleep as well. 

  "Hey, Mia?" Harry called out from the bathroom. I heard him spit into the sink and realized that he was probably in the middle of brushing his teeth. "Who's getting the couch tonight?"

  I paused and pursed my lips. The whole sleeping situation was getting pretty tiring, and day by day as we got closer, it made me just want to give in and share the bed with Harry. It made perfect sense- none of us liked the couch and it was silly for one person to have a king sized bed all to themselves. But still, in the back of my mind I felt the need to keep my guard up. The thing about Harry, however, was that he was extremely good at taking it down.

  "Why don't we both take the bed tonight?" I suggested. The air was thick and he didn't respond. "We both slept in it last night. I was drunk, but it was still the same."

  Silence. For a few moments I thought he wasn't going to say something and I began to panic. Maybe he had changed his mind and wanted to have his space? Maybe he was just using mouth wash or something? My brain racked all the different possibilities of what could be going on in that head of his. 

  "Sure." He finally said, erupting from the bathroom. "I just... uh, I don't own any pajamas. I sleep in boxers."

  "Oh." I muttered. 

  "Oh." He echoed. 

  "Well, that's basically shorts anyways, I guess." I feebly said. "I'll stay on my side and you can stay on your side. No big deal."

  "Yep, no big deal." He said quickly. Everything felt a bit awkward now, and I guess I should have seen this coming. Neither of us really said much as we began turning lights off and Harry made sure all the windows and doors were bolted.

  I grabbed Cat's bed and sat it next to Harry's side of the bed. She bounded over to it and literally latched her mouth onto my arm. I screamed and shook her off quickly and onto the bed, where she accepted defeat in trying to eat my arm and curled into a tiny ball.