Day 7

Scene not in the book but in the TV show

I've waited a hundred years
But I'd wait a million more for you
Nothing prepared me for
What the privilege of being yours would do

Magnus fiddled with the tie. It was too loose and then suddenly it was too tight, strangling him, but always managed to be uncomfortable. He squeezed his eyes shut in a horrible effort to swallow his nerves and discomfort. His fingers still itched to tug at the tie though.

As he promised himself it was fine--he was fine-- they crept their way up the front of the suit only to find another pair already there.

"Alec--!" Magnus yelped. It was instinctual now.

"You're going to strangle yourself," Alec said, an relieving calm to his voice. Magnus took Alec's hands in his, trying to relax.

If I had only felt the warmth within your touch
If I had only seen how you smile when you blush
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough
Well I would have known
What I was living for all along
What I've been living for

"Unless, that was your intention--?"

"No!" Magnus said quickly. Alec stepped around to face Magnus, though his hands broke contact with Magnus. "You still shouldn't be in here."

"Contrary to your and Isabelle's beliefs, neither of us are brides and this isn't exactly a traditional ceremony, so that's a stupid superstition," Alec said, all of his attention on the tie. He pulled the tie, now untied, away from Magnus' collar.

"I didn't want to see you until--"

Alec leaned forward, cutting Magnus' complaint off.

Your love is my turning page
Where only the sweetest words remain
Every kiss is a cursive line
Every touch is a redefining phrase

Magnus' entire body relaxed as the warmth of Alec's lips spread throughout him.

The tie fell from Alec's hands onto the ground, coiling like a silk snake. It was an involuntary reflex on his part, the result of a desperate need for his hands to do more than just dangle at his side, uselessly, holding the tie that was better suited for the floor anyways. They reached for the collar first, then slid along the planes of Magnus' shoulders. They glided effortlessly, feeling the expensive fabric underneath.

"This suit looks really good on you," Alec mumbled into Magnus' neck.

"I'd like to keep it on for now," Magnus whispered, stepping out of Alec's reach.

I surrender who I've been for who you are
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
Well I would have known
What I've been living for all along

Defeat didn't wash over Alec's face like usual when Magnus cut him off. A smile played on his lips, one of his rare, truly genuine ones that could only be sparked by true happiness.

"Alexander," Magnus smiled. His lower lip caught in between his teeth in an attempt not to grin stupidly. "You are so incredibly beautiful."

Magnus knew any compliment would cause Alec to duck his head for a moment while he hid a smile, before he'd raise his head, a peach blush tinting his cheeks.

"And I am so incredibly happy right now," Magnus added.

Too long Magnus had been without this-- this happiness, this sense of being whole and complete. Alec was his missing half, and Magnus wasn't going to deny that. The fact that he had gone an entire month denying that filled his with an unforgettable regret.

How could he deny himself this?

How could he deny Alexander this?

He was obviously as in love with Magnus as Magnus was with him.

Years of emptiness and now he had Alec.

Though we're tethered to the story we must tell
When I saw you, well I knew we'd tell it well
With a whisper we will tame the vicious seas
Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees

"I still have to put this tie on you," Alec said, beckoning Magnus back to him. He picked the gold tie up off the ground, shaking it free of whatever dirt and grime it might have picked up.

Alec's fingers worked on their own. What he was failing to tell Magnus was that he had no experience prior to today tying ties. Jace had sat with him for an hour that morning, Googling tutorials and trying to pick a knot out of dozens. But that hour had given him plenty of practice.

"Tell me you love me," Magnus said, softly.

"Telling you on command defeats the purpose," Alec responded, pulling the tie through.

"Requited love is better than unrequited, I've found."

Alex pulled the tie a little tighter.

"Don't touch this," Alec ordered. Then he looked up at Magnus, his eyes pure and honest. "I do love you."

"I'll see you at the altar?"

"I'll be there."

"Don't be late."

"That was you, remember?" Alec laughed.

Magnus left a kiss on Alec's cheek.

"Go before your sister finds you--"

"--lest I risk her wrath."

"--lest you risk her wrath," Magnus echoed.

Alec slipped out the door, winking as he shut it.

It was the last time he'd ever see Alexander Lightwood.

From now on, he was Bane-Lightwood.

Turning Page by Sleeping at Last.

And so concludes Malec week, fun friends.

What did you think? Are you ready to go back to normality and no more A/Ns (they're getting deleted)? What did you do? What do you think of me? Why do we exist? What are we doing really? How do we know, ya know?

Thanks for making Malec week special though, fun friend. And for you know, taking time out of your busy day to chill with my fanfic. That's really cool, yo.

If you have a Tumblr, no matter how random, trashy, uncoded, secretive, personal, aesthetic, or Malec-hating, I want your blog name so I can follow you because my dash is too cluttered with Malec. I demand the blog name. If you're a shy, wee, little one I'm alex-the-awesome98 (there's more headcanons on the blog yo), and my new MALEC TRASH BLOG my-heart-belongs-to-malec. So following me might be cool.

Also my AO3 is up and running with selected one-shots under minipage, so check it out, if you'd like.

As for the future--

-Welcome to Seaside will be a multi-part AU coming out at the end of August.

-Polaroids will be a connected set of one-shots released on Thursdays in the fall.

-The Alexander Chronicles is the super cool collab I'm working on and hopefully that will be out before the end of the year, more details to come as that is in the works.

-Piano Days and Other Malec One-Shots is always looking for ideas and suggestions but this week has been very inspirational, so look for more one-shots as they come out on their own random schedule (#CantBeTamed).