Will looked at Tessa. They seemed to be reading each other's minds.

He made a resigned sound.

"Keep him in here for now," Will said.

Alec looked back out the window.

London.

1880?

...........

The man with red hair had been pacing Alec for over a minute now, a overly-pleased look on his face.

"Henry, dear, please explain," the woman named Charlotte said.

"Time travel," Henry said.

"I got that myself," Alec snapped.

"No, but what did you say your name was?" Henry asked.

"Alexander Gideon Lightwood."

Alec's jaw dropped.

"Gideon--"

"He must be some distant relative," Henry said, excited once again. "What was your father's name?"

"Robert," Alec said. "His father was Andrew and his father was Isidore. After that I don't know."

"It's best you don't," Henry said. "We don't want to know too much about the future."

"Am I screwing up time?" Alec asked. Charlotte put a hand over her mouth to cover a gasp. Sophie looked up from where she was sitting, a concerned look on his face. Henry seemed unfazed.

"No," Henry said. "Time is like line. You can jump around all you want but you won't change anything. The universe is set into motion. You cannot bend it as you wish. You're one person. You shouldn't have the power. No, no. You were meant to come here."

"This is crazy," Alec said, shaking his head.

"But it worked!"

"Henry," Charlotte growled. "What did you do?"

"It was just an experiment," Henry said. "Harmless, or so I thought."

Charlotte let her head fall against one of banisters of the bed, defeated.

"Tell me you can fix this," Alec said.

"That, I do not know," Henry said. "I did not know it worked until this very moment."

"We will get you back to your rightful decade," Charlotte promised. "Henry is going to call in assistance and favors."

"Does that mean Gideon is in the future?" Sophie asked.

"Most likely," Henry said, a grin stretching across his face. "I do hope he is taking good notes."

Alec rubbed his forehead.

..........

"Morning, love."

Sleep clouded Gideon's mind, his reactions taking longer than they should have.

Sophie kissed his forehead, and he opened his eyes.

Only, it was Magnus Bane he was looking at, not Sophie.

"By the Angel--"

Gideon grasped for something, anything. He found only a pillow, and slammed it into Magnus' face, tossing him aside.

He jumped to his feet, expecting his mattress but found himself standing on an unnaturally orange couch.

His eyes went wide.

"Alec--" Magnus moaned from the floor. "What the hell?"

"Alec?" Gideon didn't recognize his own voice.