Epilogue

2 years later

Alex

"Stop it! You're not going to die!" Hope said frantically while shaking Sage's shoulders.

"I know." Sage stated calmly. Sage and Hope looked at me expectantly. I'd been staring at the two of them with tears in my eyes, panic filling my entire body and adrenaline pumping into my system.

"What? Why are you guys looking at me like that?" I asked. I felt something warm against my stomach. It was a pleasant feeling but every once in a while it would sting. I slowly looked down and noticed my black shirt was wet and sticky.

My hand went to my shirt. I felt at peace because the warmth had spread throughout my entire body until I realised what was happening. "Shit... I'm the one who got shot." I stated calmly.

I felt dizzy and my knees were buckling. When my head touched the ground from my fall, it didn't hurt. Nothing hurt anymore.

With a gasp I woke up. My heart pounding in my ears and my pajamas were clinging to my body. I hadn't had a night terror like that in a while. I got up and went to my kitchen to get a glass of cold water. I knew I couldn't fall asleep until my body was back in its relaxed state and that could take a while. I refused to take anymore sleeping pills because they made me feel like a zombie.

I knew I had the nightmare because I had to fly back to Detroit today. Madd and I always visited Sage's grave on the day she died. Every fiber in my being was telling me not to go. Madd would understand if I didn't come. It's not like I lived five minutes away.

Two years ago, we got busted. It was the most traumatic experience of my life and luckily I didn't remember that much. The only thing I kept seeing was Sage's face the moment she'd died. That image had stayed with me and I didn't think I'd ever forget. Hope and I were facing some serious consequences for our little stunt but my dad did what he did best and paid for my freedom.

Technically, I'd be free if I'd go to a psychiatric ward to get checked out but my dad didn't like that prospect because word would get around and that would ruin his reputation. He sent me to London and somehow forged some papers, telling the judges I was in a mental institution abroad. I wasn't. I finished my final year of high school there and went to college.

At some points, I wished I would've gone to the looney bin because after a month it was pretty obvious I had some form of PTSD.

"You alright, love?" I watched as Rowan stalked lazily towards me. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and then shot me a sexy grin.

"I'm fine, go back to bed." I sighed. Rowan was my pet for this month. Or was his name Owen? At this point, I didn't bother to ask. I'd just get tired of him anyway but he was a good distraction from my own mind so I kept him around for a little while.

I usually visited Hope too when I went back to the US. Obviously, she wasn't as lucky as me and ended up in jail. My visits back home consisted of going to jail and then to the cemetery. No wonder why I didn't like to go.

I figured, it'd be safer to stay in the UK. I really didn't feel the need to go to that hellhole.

-

Madd

"Come on, we need to leave." Vito said.

"Hello to you too." I muttered. "Wait, what do you mean we need to leave?"

"You're coming with me." Vito wrapped his tattoo covered arm around me and pinched my shoulder slightly in the process.

He guided me away from the parking lot, away from my car. I guess I wasn't taking that with me either.