Suck My Cockiness....

I was supposed to give you a summary of what led up to me standing in the rain and instead I’ve given you like beau coups of punch lines to throw at your friends.

Is it because I’m black?

Suck my cockiness lick my persuasion.

Oh Ricky you so fine.

But anyway, I have more to tell. God damn my undies are soaking wet and Ricky still hasn’t came to the window.

“Ricky!!!!! GUTIERREZ!”

Anyway, while I’m yelling his name I’ll finish sorting together my thoughts and finish telling you why I’m standing here.

Back to the story.

“The deals off,” Ricky’s eyebrows had furrowed so tightly that a unibrow had formed. He shook his head of curls and mumbled to himself as he angrily stuffed old plastic cups and Styrofoam plates into a garbage bag.

The meek version of the volatile Olivia stood a few feet away from him slowly discarding waste items herself. The party had ended thirty minutes before, not because of the head-crotch situation but simply because it was pretty damn late and some of them had a final or two the next day.

Up until his declaration Ricky hadn’t said a word to me. He barely even looked at me though I’d told him over and over again with Yen’s two cents here and there that absolutely nothing had happened.

What kind of virgin did he take me for?

“I don’t get why you’re so mad,” I whispered. I more so said it to myself than him.

The rational part of me stuffed a sock in the irrational parts mouth, put her in a choke hold and yelled ‘quiet!’.

Ricky shook his head again, the bag of trash trailed after him into the kitchen, metal scraped through the black pliable plastic and created an undesirable sound effect, “You can’t be a normal person can you?”

Ira-Olivia forced her elbow into Ra-Olivia’s gut, “What fun is being normal?” my palm began to sweat where it held onto the bag and my heartbeat quickened in panic mode, “Besides who’s normal anyway?”

“Shit, not you!” He banged a cabinet shut and braced both of his palms against his refrigerator, “fuck this.”

Ricky shoved himself away from the refrigerator, twirled around and raised a hand in the direction of the living room, “that shit you pulled out there today Olivia? Yeah, not cool. First you tell that shitty lie that we’re actually dating right when I’m about to seal the deal with Anne and then I catch you along with all of my fucking friends seemingly popping Yen off.”

So he was trying to talk to Anne?

I dropped the bag and folded my arms because holding my them against my chest felt like a safeguard for my heart. If I dropped my arms then my heart was going to fall onto Ricky’s carpet, “I’m sorry ok? I don’t know…why I said that.”

Lie.

I knew exactly why I’d said me and Ricky were dating. It’s because I wanted it to be true, I didn’t think things out, the future didn’t matter to me, only the present and in that present I was mentally dating Ricky. I’d completely given myself up to the idea of being in love with Ricky and once I gave myself over to things there was no turning back at all.

“And Yen, I told you about Yen Ricky.”

But he went on slamming more cabinets and then shoving cans into the giant trash bin that had materialized out of nowhere, “And then you fucking puked on my carpet. My rooms gonna smell like fucking sawdust for weeks!”