My Head. Your Crotch. This Looks AWKWARD.

Within the course of ten to fifteen very long and frustrating hours—something became excrutiatingly clear to me. I mean it was so clear that it shined like a window, it even had the smudgy bits where I had tried to wipe away the true with a couple of denials.

But as I sat in my Biochem class slightly satisfied by the fact that the test was multiple choice questions I realized that I had it bad for someone. I sat there like an idiot trying to remember lipids and nucleic acids and sequences that I had spent the better part of a week busting my ass over and I couldn’t see it…

That’s a horrible thing! I couldnt see anything!

Absolutely. Nada.

Well, I didn’t see what I should’ve seen. Instead of those sequences and carbohydrates and facts that I should have known I saw brown eyes.

A mental image of a elegantly written Gutierrez pulsed like a heartbeat, like the last moments of a person’s life in a movie. It pulsed and then it burst into millions of lights in every direction, neons, pastels, and watercolors-- all of them shooting around like fireworks. And I sat on my ass and marveled at the workings of my tiny brain.

His face materialized in the crevices of my mind, his lips lifted, a corner lifted higher than the other and the smug bastard smirked.

He was laughing at me. Or better yet his conjured image was laughing at me. But it was a laughter I could endure because his smile had never seemed sweeter and his laugh bounced against the walls of that dreary laboratory with its cold air stifling every student in place. The room warmed and it too pulsed like his name and all I could think of was him.

How did this happen?

How had I lost myself so quickly to him?

Who was he anyway? Ricky wasn’t that studly! He didn’t have girls throwing panties at him or trying to convince him to pencil them into his busy schedule.

But he was charismatic, optimistic, chill and incredibly at ease with who he was.

If it hadn’t been for Krissy snapping her fingers at me to pay attention to my test I don’t think I would’ve even answered the questions. I managed to block him from my mind for a solid hour and the facts that I had scratched my brain for so long emerged and I happily bubbled in my answers.

I thought I was good. Then I spotted him sitting on the steps in front of the education building. I debated whether or not I should walk over there and speak to him, or if I should just ignore him like usual.

It was second nature to ignore him, so why not continue it?

It was just that, he was talking to a girl, a really pretty girl with long black hair and a waist thinner than my ankle (I have thick ankles) and he was laughing with her. Laughing, as if she were the funniest girl in the world.

I became a little indignant then. And the most violent feeling fell over me like a wave. I wanted to smash her face into a wall.