Chapter 80 (Final)

Start from the beginning

"What about my little girl? Where is she?"

"The nurses are taking care of her, making sure she's healthy and normal. You can see her again soon," she rubbed my arm, walking away back into the surgery room.

Why was this happening? This isn't how it was meant to be. Jen was meant to be fine, she was meant to be happy and enjoying her first moments as a mum. She wasn't meant to leave me and our daughter, I refused to believe this was how it would all end.

I couldn't even move, I couldn't bring myself to walk away from that door, because walking away was potentially walking away from her for good. I couldn't handle this, this pain and fear was too much, I didn't know how anyone survived through this feeling.

I had to pull myself together long enough to tell her parents what was happening, I knew I loved her with all of me, and this would be my greatest loss, but this was their daughter, they had to know what was happening.

How the f*ck was I meant to tell a mother her child may potentially die? How was I meant to be happy my child was finally in the world, then in the next breath say it was potentially at the expense of her mother's life. This wasn't Mia's fault, no matter what she was still my biggest blessing, but I wanted them both, like how it was meant to be.

I wiped my face, walking into the waiting room to see her parents, Angus, Gemma, Sam and my mum.

Lauren had her arm around the woman I had seen earlier, she was crying, and I still had no idea who she was or what she had to do with Lauren.

"Harry, what's the news?" My mum jumped up when she saw me, everyone's heads then turned to look at me.

"It's a girl...Mia," I tried to muster up the smallest smile I could.

"Congratulations baby," mum hugged me tightly, followed by Ryan and Lauren.

"Congrats little bro, when can we see her?" Gemma hugged me next.

"Soon...something's happened," I began to cry again, barely being able to breathe through this.

"With who? Is the baby okay?" Ryan asked.

"They're making sure the baby is okay, it's Jen," I managed to answer.

"What's wrong with my daughter?" Lauren looked at me in a panic, clutching on to Ryan's arm waiting for me to answer.

Her brown eyes reminded me of Jen's, full of expression, you could read her thoughts just by looking into them. How was I meant to look at her and not fall to pieces right now? How was I meant to look at her ever again if something went wrong, and not think of the love of my life?

"Harry please, tell me what's wrong with my little girl!" She begged me to explain what was going on.

"I don't know, one minute she was fine then the next she was unconscious, her heart rate dropped, she was losing blood, and they pushed me out of the room. I know nothing, they can't even tell me if she will pull though," rage took over me now, and I kicked the trash can next to me, squatting down to the ground, pulling at my hair.

I couldn't look at Lauren anymore, every word I said I could see a small part of her breaking even more as Ryan tried to comfort her. I could hear her crying out in misery, I couldn't take it, I had to go.

"Harry mate, she'll be okay," Angus tried to comfort me, but I wasn't having it.

"Get off me," I pushed him off, storming out of the hospital to the open car park.

"F*CK," I screamed, falling to the ground in the worst emotional state I had ever been in. This feeling was worse than the feeling of just breaking up with her, it was pure torture.