Chapter Eighty-One

Start from the beginning

He smiles, "I bet they will be. All three of them."

He hands me the next present which is from Carter and Bristol for Willow.

Peeta and I only got the babies gifts this year.

We would've gotten everyone but with Willow coming, we decided against it.

I just hope no one got their feelings hurt.

I open it up to find new pacifiers and bottles, which we needed and a few hair bows and headbands.

"This is from Finnick's parents."

"What?" I ask with a frown.

"Don't worry. I got them something and had Finnick take it." He assures me.

"Okay." I say and he nudges me to open the gift.

Inside the bag, I find brand new sheets, a few baby blankets, some socks, bibs, and a few cute onesies.

"Aw, that was so nice of them." I say truthfully.

I'm just glad I have Finnick's Mom around, especially since my mother isn't going to make an appearance anytime soon.

Honestly, I'm really hoping for her to call, being that it's a holiday but I know I shouldn't get my hopes up.

"That was sweet." I say feeling so much love.

He smiles and nods his head, "This is from my grandparents." He says, handing me a box that's perfectly wrapped.

"You open it." I say, pushing it back into his hands.

"No, it's okay. You open it."

"No." I say.

Finally, he gives in and opens it.

There's pink crocheted baby blankets, hats, some little socks, and even some little boots that are adorable.

"Aw, Peeta." I say excitedly as he hands me his grandma and great-grandma's creations.

He smiles widely.

"I love them." I tell him excitedly.

Peeta grins, "I like those too. I bet Willow will too."

"I think so." I smile, giving his hand a squeeze.

He sets it in the growing pile of her things and we open more gifts.

Peeta bought her a carrier or a car seat. Then he bought a stroller and a few other little things for her.

I love everything he picked out for her and he bought her more clothes too, which I think is adorable. He bought more diapers, wipes, more things for her room and a few little toys.

Peeta opens the few things I was able to buy for her.

I got some onesies and other outfits that said stuff like 'Daddy's Princess' or ones that say "Future Baker" and stuff like that. Then, I got a few little things but mostly stuff like more clothes, but for when she's a little older and that's about it.

Then Peeta makes me open my gifts from him.

He bought me more maternity clothes, which I'm very thankful for and then a few other little things. He got me a beautiful necklace that has a twig on it, it's a gold with a amethyst colored diamond in it.

It's beautiful.

"Peeta, I love it." I say, pulling him into a hug.

"It has Willow's birthstone on it. I was kind of eerie about getting the February birthstone, but I'm hoping she won't be born before then or after but if so, I can order a new necklace." Peeta says, kissing my temple.

I squeeze him, "I love it so much." I cry happily into his chest. He rubs circles in my back with his lips pressed to my neck.

"I want to start wearing my green and orange diamond necklace and this one all the time." I say.

"I would love that."

"That way, I have you both next to my heart at all times." I tell him.

"I love you."

I peck his lips, "I love you too." I tell him.

Eventually, he opens his gifts too.

Unfortunately, I didn't get him nearly as much as he got me or Willow but I got a few things.

I'm not nearly as good with gifts as Peeta. I know that every year is going to be worse but the thing about Peeta and I is that we wouldn't have to give each other anything and it wouldn't change a thing. However, we are lucky enough to afford nice things and we are just getting started so there's nothing wrong with it I suppose.

I made a few little crafts with Willow's ultrasound pictures and wrote him some letters. One is going to be for the day Willow is born, knowing he will need it.

Nothing too special though.

I bought him some things for the bakery and some new supplies, nothing that I haven't gotten him before.

"I still need us to pick out her bedding, even though she can't use it for a long time, plus stuff for baths and little things we really haven't thought about." Peeta tells me.

"I think we are almost ready to have a baby, Peeta." I laugh and he smiles and hugs me tight.

"I think so."

"I'm so excited. I am glad we are having a girl because we can dress her up." I laugh.

I remember when I was really little I would play dolls and stuff. It's nothing like it is when you're older and married and dealing with a real baby and pregnancy.

This is all definitely harder than I ever imagined, even though I quickly grew out of wanting any of the life I have now. But now, I wouldn't change a thing.

"Between all of our friends and family, she's going to be fully clothed for at least the next ten years." He teases.

Honestly, at this point and time, she probably has enough clothes to allow her to wear at least three things a day for the first year of her life.

"Probably." I say with a laugh.

"I think we were pretty successful this year." Peeta laughs.

I nod my head, "It really shows how much people love and support us and Willow."

"Out of everything that's happened, we have a lot of people that really do love us, Katniss. I know that much is true." He tells me.

We both regret the many times we thought no one cared because there's always someone out there that cares for you, whether you know it or not.

"And if not, we always have each other."

"Forever and always?" He asks.

I nod, putting his hands on my heart and belly, "Forever and always, Peeta."