-Dreams-

Dusk's P.O.V

I stare down at Shade's limp body. "It is time to bury her." I bark to Storm, Blaze and River. They had all agreed to help me bury her outside our camp, since she was so close to me. Storm and Blaze dug out a hole while Rover and I prepared her for the burial. I licked her fur trying to make it as neat as possible.

We then lowered her into her grave. "We will miss you dearly Shade." I whimper, tears running down my face. Blaze looks down at her.

"You would have been an amazing mate, I wish I would have told you sooner." He barked, tears falling down onto the snow. I look over at him with sadness and confusion. "Were you two going to be mates?" I ask. He nods and looks at her lifeless eyes.

"I am sorry." I whisper, getting up to help bury her. We all start covering her in dirt and pack it down.

I turn around towards camp with my head down. My best friend, gone. Just like that. At least I have River. I look over at her and she also has her head down. I lick her shoulder and walk next to her.

"I can't believe she is gone." She whispered to me. I nod. We walk into camp and I head for my den. Hope looks up at me and smiles, but frowns when she realizes that I am sad.

"What's wrong mommy?" She asks, looking at me with worry in her eyes. I sighed and lick her ear. "Sweetie, Shade died." I say, trying my hardest not to studder.

Hope looks up at me with wide eyes, and she whimpers. "She's dead?" She barked, her ears falling back behind her head and her tail drooping. I nod my head and lick her nose. She then whimpers again and presses against my leg.

"I'm sorry mommy." She barks. I smiled and lick her head. "It's ok sweetie. Things like this happen all the time. It's just a part of life." I whisper to her, trying to sound brave.

I sigh and lay in my nest. What I really needed right now was a good nap. I set my head on my paws and slowly close my eyes, and everything goes dark.

_______________________________________

I open my eyes to be in a starry forest. It's beautiful, and everywhere I look I can see prey. I lick my lips hungrily and jump up to catch a bird. I instantly kill it and lick my lips, I then take a big bite out of it. I sigh as the sweet taste of fresh bird fills my mouth. So warm, and juicy.

I finish my bird and look around. I here barking up ahead and pad into a clearing. Many starry wolves fill the clearing, all talking with one another peacefully. I don't recognize any as I scan the area.

"Mommy! Mommy!"

I whip my head around to see two pups looking up at me with wide eyes and happy faces. I then gasp.

These were my two dead pups.

"Oh my goodness." I whispers. I then burst out in joy. "My pups! My beautiful pups!" I howl, laying down next to them, covering their faces in licks. They bark in happiness and lick me back, jumping all over me and nuzzling my fur.

I look at them, smiling wider than ever. "You two are ok!" I bark. They smile and nod their heads.

"Its great here! Their is so much prey, and it's always so warm!" One of them says. The other nods and looks straight at me.

"It's been even better since Shade has been taking care if us." He barks happily.

I jump up at the sound of her name. "Shade? Where is she?" I bark, looking around. I then here laughter from behind me and then a familiar voice.

"Hello, Dusk."

I look behind me to see Shade walking out of the trees. I smile and jump on top of her, licking her nose in a friendly way.

"Shade!" I bark. "I'm so happy your ok!" Shade laughs and wraps her paws around me. She then pulls back and gets up. "I may be dead, but it's actually pretty nice here." She says in a jokey voice. She then pads over to my pups.

"And these little bugs are just so sweet." She says, laughing. I laugh and lick her ear. "Thank you. I'm so glad atleast someone can take care of them." I bark.

Shade laughs and looks at me. "It's not your fault they were killed. It's Ember's fault, that nasty traitor." She said, growling.

"Besides Ember, what happened to him? Did he appear here?" I ask, the question all of a sudden coming into my head.

"No, he didn't deserve the option of joining the Starpack."

A giant, almond brown wolf walks out in front of me. Shade and the pups smile and bow to him. "Hello, Pine." Says Shade.

My eyes grow wide and I gasp. "Pine?" I bark with surprise, staring at the wolf with amazement. Pine smiles and nods his head. He had been the Alpha of our pack before Storm, and what a greater leader of our group he was. It was an honor just to be standing their in front of him!

Pine walks up to me and sets his head on top of mine. I shiver with excitement and he pulls away. "Dusk, I have been watching you. You are a great Alpha, and I know you will serve your pack well in these next seasons." He barks.

I smile and bow my head. "Thank you, Pine." I respond. I look over at Shade and my pups and they are watching me, smiling.

Pine looks over at them and nods his head. He then looks over at me. "Dawn is about here, we must send you back." He says.

"Dawn?!" I yelp. It had been only just before Dusk when I had gone to sleep, but now it was dawn?!

Pine nods his head and turns around. He flicks his tail, signaling for Shade and my pups to follow. Shade smiles and follows Pine. She looks back at me and gives me a big smile. I smile back and look at my pups. I touch noses with them and they bark happily.

"You will visit me again, won't you?" I ask them. They nod their heads. "Of course we will!" They say at the same time. They then turn around and follow Shade. Right as they start to fade away one of them stops and turns around.

"Mommy! I forgot to tell you something!" He barked. I tilt my head and look at him. "What is it?" I ask.

"I strange wolf is coming towards your camp, be prepared, for you shall recognize him." He said. He then turned around and faded away. I stood their for a second to ask myself the same question over and over.

"Who was the strange wolf?"

_______________________________________

A/N

I am so sorry I haven't updated! I got a new phone and school has started so I have been really busy and stressed lately! I am SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOOOOO SORRY YOU GUYS! I hope you have enjoyed this chapter! Luv you all! ❤ ❤ ❤