-Walkers-

Shade's P.O.V

I sigh and get up as I hear the morning howl. I then smile as I look over at Blaze. He smiles back and walks out of the cave, and I do the same. I walk over to the FKP and pick out a shrew and quickly eat it, Just so I have something in my stomach before I patrol the borders.

I flick my ears to behind my head as I hear paw steps walk up to me. I giggle and pounce on Blaze who had been trying to sneak up on me.

"Oww! What did I do wrong?" He barked, laughing. I laugh and let him up. "Time for scouting?" I ask. He nods and starts towards the entrance. Dust looks up from his bird and jumps up.

"Let's go!" He barks, dashing after Blaze. I laugh and follow the two.

---Le' time skip---

We arrive at the borders of our pack and Dust heads towards his spot, but Blaze doesn't.

"Blaze?" I ask. He looks at his paws, then looks me straight in the eyes.

"Shade, look. I have been wanting to talk to you about this for a long time." He says in a quiet voice. He then looks up again. "Shade, I love you." I instantly start blushing. "You are the most beautiful wolf I have ever set my eyes on. You are a very skilled wolf and are amazing at tracking." He then looked at his paws. "I just wanted to let you know. It's ok if you don't feel the same way for me." He barks, starting to walk away.

My eyes widen and I walk over to him. "Blaze! I never said anything like that!" I bark at him. He freezes and turns his head to me. "What do you mean?" He asks.

I sigh, but then giggle. I look him straight in the eyes and lick his cheek. "I love you to Blaze." I say.

He stared at me, his eyes wide, then laughed. He lunged at me and pinned me to the ground and licked my nose. I giggled and nuzzled him. He then got up and sniffed the air. I did the same and my ears went back and my eyes widened with fear.

"Walkers!" I screamed as two Walkers padded into view.

Walkers are animals that stand on their hind legs and have no fur. They hold long strange items that shoot deadly little things that kill you instantly if the hit you.They are one of our greatest enemies, and terrify all wolves.

Blaze runs in front of me in a protective way and growls at the Walkers. The Walkers look at each other and say something in their language. I pad up next to Blaze and growl at them. I then lunge at the first Walker's leg and bite down hard enough to taste it's blood in my mouth. It let's out a scream and aims it's item at me.

"Shade! Let go!" Blaze screamed. I suddenly heard a bang and the world went black.

_______________________________________

Blaze's P.O.V

I watch as the Walkers shoot at Shade and she falls to the ground. "Shade!" I scream, running over to her. I then look up at the Walkers and growl at them. The walkers run away, one of them linping. I look back at Shade's limp body and bury my head in her fur.

"Why did you have to leave me so soon." I whimper. I get up and grab her scruff. I then start dragging her to camp when Dust runs over to us.

"What happened? I heard howling and scented Walkers, and was wondering if-" He stopped and stared at Shade. "Did, did they get her?" He asks, whimpering. I nod slowly and tears build up in my eyes. He pads over and licks her forehead. He then slides his body under her and hauls her onto his back.

I then but my back under her tip half and we start walking towards camp.

When we arrive everyone goes silent. Dusk is sitting in the middle of camp supervising the repairs and looks over at us. Her eyes widen and her mouth falls open as she notices Shade.

"SHADE!" She screams, running over to us. We set her on the ground and Dusk starts licking her head where the Walkers had gotten her. She then sets her head on her shoulder and sigh. River then padded over to Dusk and licked her shoulder.

Dusk turned around and padded up to her ledge. All the wolves looked over at her. "Wolves of the pack, today," She paused, sighing and looking at her paws. "Today we have lost a packmate."

"A Walker has killed Shade!" She yowled. All the wolves look at each other, whimpering. Dusk looks down at her paws and continues to talk.

"I have been Shade's friend ever since we were pups. She was one of my closest friends in our pack. " She whimpered. She then looked up and stared at the wolves.

"She may be gone from our pack out here, but she is still alive up there!" She barked, looking up at the sky. "We must always remember her and how she helped our pack." She walked down her ledge back over to Shade's limp body. She licked her forehead. "You were such a great friend. We will always remember you." She whispered.

All the wolves in the pack came over to say their final words to her. Dusk sat next to her body the whole time and nodded every time a wolf said something to her. Storm sat next to her and kept licking her cheek and her neck to try and comfort her. Dusk had been very close to Shade, and now she was gone.

Right when she had agreed to be my mate.

_______________________________________

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this slightly shorter chapter! I really felt like there needed to be another loss in this story so I killed her ;-; Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed! Luv you all! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤