“Allow me Riah, I’m sorry. It won’t happen again yeah?” I held out my arms and pulled her forward. She complied and held me. It was silent for a minute, but I was in my zone. I just wanted to feel her close to me; it was one of the best feelings ever.

“Erm… Marcus you’re kinda squeezing me. You can let go now." Her speech was muffled due to her head being stuffed against my chest. I chuckled and released her from my grip.

“Sorry.” We soon departed and I walked off down the road.

Sha’riah

I shut the door and looked up at the clock. It was only 6:08…I always knew Marcus was a bitch boy, it isn’t late at all. I went back upstairs and jammed on my bed watching my Family Guy DVD, and then my phone rang. I rolled my eyes at the sight of Michelle’s name.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“You alright Riah?”

“Yeah I’m fine… and you didn’t just disturb me or anything, that’s cool.” I said through gritted teeth. I paused the DVD and rested my head on the pillow.

“Ahh okay,”

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Nothing, just wondering if you wanted to come with me to Marik’s yard.” I raised an eyebrow. IS SHE FORREAL?

“No, I’m okay here thanks.”

“You sure?”

“Positive. Who else is gonna be there?”

“Just me, him, and Lewis.” I screwed.

“Lewis, that prick. Tell him he’s a dead man walking.” She laughed, as if I was joking.

“What, why?”

“Just tell him I said that.”

“Okay. Well I’m here now so I’ll call you back later.”

“Okay peace.”

“Bye,” she locked off and I played the DVD.

No comment–all I can say was she was desperate.

The house phone sounded downstairs. I sighed inwardly.

“Tanisha, get that please!" I called out.

No reply though.

The phone continued to ring. I sat up and gritted my teeth.

“Tanisha!" I called again.

No reply.

I kissed my teeth. Mierda puta!

I slowly went downstairs and answered the phone, since it was so hard for her to do it herself.

“Hello?”

“Sha’riah?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Mami?”

She sniffed.

“Yes, it’s me.”

“Er…mum…you okay?”

“It’s Shawn.” As soon as his name was mentioned my heart sank instantly. By her tone of voice I could tell straight away that something wasn’t right. I didn’t even think I wanted to know why she called. I gulped.

“What about Shawn?” 

“He…” she sighed, “there’s no easy way to say this Sha’riah...but he’s–”