Chapter8: little boy

James went back to school, at school they had a place where children without parents went to sleep and eat.

I was still thinking about what he said. I'm only 17, I still cannot take care of a little boy. I don't know the first thing of it.

I walked around for a little while and it started to get dark out so I went back inside.

Hunter was in the living room. I rolled my eyes.

" Emily, I don't want anyone touching you! You are mine. no one else's."

I was still shock at his words. " HE IS A BOY HUNTER! What will you do when you have kids one day." he raised an eyebrow.

"When we have kids." ugh! " That's not the point !! Why are you so damn protective!"

I marched up to my room. Hunter followed me.

" I don't want him to be near you ."

" For gods sake ! He's a little boy that lost his parents!! He asked me to be his fucking mom, and you know what. I might just do that." I slammed the door in his face.

I slid down the door. I couldn't take it anymore, I was going to explode. I hold in so many feelings that once I'm at the end of the cliff, I don't just hurt myself.

Hot tears ran down my face. I couldn't stop thinking about my parents, how lonely James felt !

I was so stressed out. " Emily, please don't cry."

My heart was aching in pain. I didn't even know Hunter and I would give anything for him! I just don't get it. my life is a mess!

Tears bursted. I covered my face with a pillow, what would my parents think of all this.

I suddenly felt arms around me. Hunter had broken the lock.

I hugged him tight and just cried. " I am so sorry Emily. I didn't want to make you sad."

I never spoke a word. we were just Laying there.

** next day

I woke up to a knock at the door. it was probably like 6 in the morning. Hunter left to go to his room. I asked him if we could wait till we share the room and bed.

I opened the door. It was Hunter. he looked worried.

"What...?" He just came close to me and hugged me tight. " I'm sorry." I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms.

" What's going on, Hunter." he sighed and turned away.

" Hunter!"

" He's dead.." I looked at him confused. Hunter didn't want to make eye contact.

" Who is dead!" My eyes getting watery..

" Danny." my heart dropped. I grabbed a hold a wall. " where is he?"

I ran down the starts. " NO! Emily! Don't go down there!"

I saw the most horrific thing. right outside...

I stood up and walked over. he was laying on the ground, his neck was snapped..

I rubbed my head. I felt a tiny hand on my leg, " Emily, what's going on?" I swooped him up and took him away from the Sean.

I put James on my bed, Hunter entered the room behind me. " why are crying." James said while grabbing a blanket.

"I'm ok honey, you just sleep ok?" I covered him and gave him a pillow.

I sat at the desk that was on the other side of he room. Hunter stood behind me and rubbed my shoulders.

" when you told me someone was dead, I pictured James. my heart was beating I almost felt like dying. but when you told me it was Danny..... it was like a bomb going off inside me."

I had so many memories of us when we were kids.

" I need to ask you stuff." Hunter sat down next to me. " shoot."

" How old are you." I asked. " 176. in your life 20."

" Why do your eyes turn red when your mad."

" I'm half vampire. when a vampire is upset, they show there mood by eye color."

" Do you drink blood?"

" No. I'm more wolf than vampire."

" What's your favorite color?"

" Green."

The last question made him grin.
" Now It's my turn, to ask you questions." He said. " shoot."

" When's your birthday?"

" May 11, 1997."

" Favorite hobby?"

" Reading."

" What would be the perfect date?"

I sighed. I didn't have many boyfriends, they were all a bunch of asses.

" Home dinner, after that a movie on the couch." Hunter smiled.

I rubbed my eyes. I was now wide awake, I'm sure as hell not going to sleep now.

The rest of the early morning Hunter tried to not make me think about what had happened.

What did happen? That's when I put it together, maybe it was the same guys that were out to get me. maybe they killed him because he was close to me, and they want to hurt the things I love.

I looked over to James on the bed. he looked like a burrito under all those blankets and pillows.

Suddenly I see a little hand come from the mountain of pillows. " hey buddy."

Hunter walked over to James. when James saw Hunter he got scared and came running to me.

" James, don't be afraid of him. he's a good person he was just upset." James looked at Hunter.

" How about I give you some pancakes, and later we can watch some cartoons." Hunter suggested. the little boy danced around.

"I love pancakes!!!!" We both laughed. I put my head on Hunters chest and took a good amount of his cologne.

" Thank you." I said.

" For what?"

" For not being a crazy boyfriend."

Hunters face lit up at the word boyfriend. I laughed and I took James to get pancakes.

This was now my home.

___________________________
Thanks for reading! Comment and vote.

Until next chapter-Kimberly.