Ch. 13

2 days later

Sydney POV

The sun creeps it's way through my window hitting my straight in the face. Now I won't be able to go back to sleep. I should really start remembering to close the curtains at night.

Two whole days have passed since my fight with Jack and my moment with Cam and I've barely spoken to either of them. Two painful days.

I can't help but feel an attraction to Gilinsky even though my heart's set on Cam. I have nothing more than a sexual attraction towards Jack. We would never work out anyways.

Right?

I clamber out of my warm duvet and whimper at the contact of my feet with the cold wood floor. I hurriedly grab clothes for the day and head into the bathroom where the floor is heated. I strip off my clothes throwing them in the hamper and turn the shower on. "Here" by Alessia Cara blasts through my phone's speakers.

The beads of water hit my back in fast stinging motions helping relax the tension in my shoulders.

After washing my hair and shaving I step out and dry off, putting on my outfit for the day, which consists of a "Harvard Law (just kidding)" tank top, white wash high waisted shorts, and a pair of black high top converse. I throw my hair into a bun, not bothering with makeup and head into the hallway.

My shoes squeak on the wood as I make my way down the stairs trying to be quiet. As I make it to the last stair, I stop. Is that a guitar?

I follow the noise back up the stairs and stop outside of one of the boys' rooms. Why can't I ever remember who's is who's? I lightly tap on the door with my knuckles and get no response. Hopefully who ever's in here won't mind if I let myself in.

I turn the knob hearing a click and push the door open with little force. When I peek around the door, I see a bewildered looking Shawn sitting on the edge of his bed with a guitar in his hands and a notebook to his side.

"What're you doing in here?" He says coldly. Sweet Shawn being rude? Something must be wrong.

"I just heard someone playing guitar and wanted to know who it was."

He gives me a slight nod and brings his focus back to his guitar strings, his fingers plucking at them furiously, making an unpleasant noise. He groans and shoves his head in his hands.

"Is something wrong Shawn?"

"Nothing you can help with." He snaps.

"Hey, lighten up. You wouldn't know if I can help because you haven't even told me the problem." I walk over to his bed and sit across from him. Wow his bed is neat. Has he even-

"I know what your thinking," he cuts my thoughts short, "it doesn't even look like I've slept in the bed."

"How'd you know that?"

"Because you've been staring at the duvet for the past few minutes." He lightly chuckles.

"Well have you?"

"No, not really." He says running his hand through his hair.

"Can I ask why?"

He sighs and puts his guitar on the bed between us leaving the notebook beside him. "Well the past couple days my mind has been clouded with thoughts of a special someone.. I- I can't get her out of my head." I know the feeling, Shawn.

"I have, well had a girlfriend back in Canada and she recently decided the distance was too much for her; with me touring all the time and her always waiting for me to get home. But I don't think that's the real reason she cut things off. I mean, I told her that I'd be back in a few weeks when summer ends but I'm pretty positive she met someone else and she feels guilty about it." He pauses to blow up his cheeks and let out the air, "I mean I was in love with her, I still am. And right now I'm supposed to be writing a song to kick off tour with and all I can think about is her. I just feel so.. So beat up."