Ch. 2

"Oh just a few of my friends."

"Yeah I get that part Matt. Who are they?"

Scratching the back of his neck and looking away he answered, "Eight other guys from my tour."
***
Really Matt? Eight other guys? For one, I don't do guys. Ever since Chris, guys have been the very last thing on my mind. For two, I don't know any of them, and they don't know me. I thought Matt and my parents had an agreement? I guess no one cared to tell me that the deal was off.

A voice comes over the intercom in the air plane, "Please fasten your seat belts passengers, we are preparing to land. Thank you for choosing California Airlines, and welcome to LA!"

Matt shifts next to me in his seat. He's asleep. I shove his shoulder and he wakes up, startled. "Gee thanks." His voice is groggy at barely a mumble, as it usually is after he's been sleeping.

"Whatever." I say, then turn to wake Addy. To my surprise, she's already wide awake and seemingly full of energy. "Sydney guess what!" She nearly shouts, swinging her legs.

"What is it?"

"I had the coolest dream! You were there, and mommy and daddy and Matty was there too." She says, quieter now.

My parents aren't hardly around so I can see why she would be excited over a dream like that. They're always going on business trips together and just trying to make it bigger than they already have. Matthew is usually away for the most part on tours, so usually it's just me and Addy.

I hand Addy down her backpack from the overhead compartment and grab her hand. Matt had already said that there would be a cab waiting in the front of the airport for us.

"I have to go pottyyyyy." Addy whines.

"Can it wait until we get to Auntie Jan's? It won't be long I promise."

"I guess so."

Seeing a sign that says exit and a huge pair of glass double-doors, Matt heads for them without a word to us.
Under my breath I say, "Okay asshole.." Addy giggles.

A man in a nice black suit holds up a sign that reads "Espinosa's." The silver gleams in the Los Angeles sunlight. As we turn the corner, I see a limousine.

"Matt where's the cab?"

"This is the cab." He replies laughing.

Okay, so we ride in style.
"COOL!" Addy yells.
***
The limo's interior is astounding. Tan leather covers the sides of the doors and the seats. There is a black mini fridge off planted in the middle of the floor. Addy runs to open it, and gasps as she sees a juice box. "YAY!"

She struggles with the straw almost the whole way to Janelle's, and finishes the juice in two minutes. A tall women with blonde hair and blue eyes just like mine stands in front of a two-story white house. I push open the door to let Addy out, and she nearly falls running to see her.

Aunt Janelle gives her a squeeze and extends her arms out to me. "Oh look at you! So beautiful just like your mother. You're so tall now what've you been eating?"

"Umm, Aunt Janelle, I'm only 5'6."

"Which is an improvement!" She says teasing me, which I'm okay with. We've always been close. Matt steps forward and hugs her too.

After Addy gets settled in, I tell her, "If you need anything, we'll only be about 20 minutes away, okay?"

"Okay." She says, her face stretching into a smile. Turning away she runs into the house without a backward glance.

About five minutes away from the beach house, I start feeling the nerves. I don't know what any of these guys will be like and we're stuck here for the whole summer: what if we don't get along?

Matt had told me before that they were relatively close to my age so maybe we'll have similar interests and can be friends. But absolutely NONE of that "love" bullshit. None of it. Chris ruined all of that for me.

I notice the limo slowing and I look up from my iPhone. We pull to a stop in front of a gorgeous tan two-story house. It looks like it's big enough for an army. Guarded by a white fence, the house is very modern. The front it's decorated with large luxurious windows and bright red poppies cover the flower beds. The beach feels close enough to touch.

"Thanks man!" Matt half yells as he slaps the back of the limo. He pulls a silver key from his pocket and unlocks the door.

"IF THERE'S A MASTER BEDROOM IT'S MINE!" I yell, dropping my luggage and making for the spiral staircase.
***
About an hour has passed since we've been here and it's just Matthew and I. I found the master bedroom eventually after exploring the whole house. It has 5 bathrooms, 6 bedrooms, a kitchen, a pool and 3 living rooms; its enormous. Every room has beautiful hard wood floors and a white fluffy rug.

I decide to change into something more comfortable and unzip my suit case. From it, I pull out my dark wash high waisted shorts and a tie-dye teeshirt. I lay everything out and head into my bathroom in only my PINK brand bra and underwear.

I hear the front door of the house open and close but think nothing of it. I peek outside of the bathroom window and see a limo pulling away. Did our driver forget something? I remove my hair tie letting my long blonde waves flow freely. I pause, hearing shuffling outside my door.

"Hello?" I call. No answer. I hear a squeal, but it doesn't sound like my door opening.

"Matt? Are you messing with me?" I call again. Still no answer. I barge out of the bathroom just in time to make eye contact with one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever seen.

His golden brown eyes widened as he turned away, shielding his eyes. Remembering I'm half naked, I scream.

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!"

"I'm staying here for the summer! Who're you and why the hell are you naked?!"

"I'm Sydney," I say angrily , " Now who're you?"

"I'm Cameron. Dallas."
***
A/N: Oooohhh he saw her naked! Sorry I had to spice it up. Don't worry, the boys will all show up in the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed! xoxo