Ch. 9

A/N: prep yourselves guys there's about to be some drama >:)

A mixture of gasps and whistles fills the empty air as I walk down the stairs. Matt sits at the very end of the couch with his noes shoved in his phone as usual. Once he hears the whistling, he looks up.

When his eyes meet mine, it's evident that a fire's ignited in his brown eyes and its growing by the second. He bites the inside of his cheek and paces quickly toward me. Grabbing my wrist he drags me into the kitchen with him and I have no voice but to follow like a dog on a leash.

Once we're out of earshot, he stops biting his cheek and explodes, "What the hell are you wearing?!"

"A shirt and pants what's so wrong with that?" I say growing frustrated.

"Your skin is showing, obviously something's wrong." He spits, poking my stomach hard.

"Oh I'm sorry Matthew, let me go back and grab my turtleneck." I roll my eyes, "You need to chill the fuck out, nothing bad will happen if I wear this." I turn to leave.

"Oh yeah?" His voice is cold, "don't you remember the last time you went to a party? Huh?"

I stop dead in my tracks and turn to face him, tears welling up in eyes; blurring my vision.

"Matt.." I warn him, my voice cracking.

"I saved you from getting raped that night and you want to dress like that to another party? Are you stupid?"

"Nothing's gonna happen Matt.." I trail off. The first tear escapes my eye and the rest fall freely. My lip trembles but I don't sob.

"It's different." I say as strongly as I can muster.

"How?" Anger makes its way into me at his words.

"Because he forced me into it Matt!" I'm screaming at him now, "That asshole was good to me at first, then he used me. I was so blinded by my fear towards him that I couldn't tell anyone what he did to me in those few months. He made me do so many things with him that I didn't want to do! But he would've hurt me worse than he already did if I told anyone."

I pause to catch my breath, "He gave me a few drinks just so he could fucking take advantage of me and I only had half a mind to fight back. He was fucking sober Matt! He knew exactly what was going on the entire time. I didn't almost get raped because of my choice in clothing that night. It was his fault."

He sighs, "I hope you know what you're doing Syd because I won't be there to save you this time. You better be smart."

He lifts his hand to wipe a single tear that fell from his eye. If looks could kill, I'd be dead three times already. He turns and walks out of the kitchen.

I back up until I reach the wall and slowly slide down into a sitting position. Then the memories come flooding in, along with more tears.

*Flashback*

"Matt I don't want to go." I whine. He's currently trying to drag me to some lame party.

"Come on Syd! This'll be the first one you've been to in so long. Please just come with me." He whines back. Wow he's such a little baby.

"If you get a babysitter for Addy, I'll go." On this typical occasion, my parents were on a business trip as usual. They've known that Matt's popularity has grown over the past four months but they didn't know it was to the point where he got invited to basically every party to ever be thrown.

"You got it. Go get ready! Party starts in 20!" He can't contain his excitement. He jogs up the stairs and into his room. I head up to my room too.