Ch. 3

"I'm Sydney," I say angrily , " Now who're you?"

"I'm Cameron. Dallas."
***
"Okay.." I slowly reply, "is that supposed to mean something to me?" A blank expression runs over his face.

"So what are you, some part of the tour?" He asks avoiding my question.

"No, I'm -"

"Hey Syd I'm about to order take out what do you- what the hell is going on here?!" Matt interrupts, shooting daggers at Cameron. Matt grabs him by the wrist and pulls him farther away from me.

My cheeks burn. Cameron eyes me up and down.

"Oh Matt, I'm so sorry man. I didn't mean to see your lady like this I was just coming to check out the room." Cameron says scratching the back of his neck.

"My lady?! What the hell are you talking about? This is my sister!"

Cameron's eyes widen. "And Sydney," Matt continues, "where the fuck are your clothes? I told you my friends would be here!"

"You didn't tell me they'd barge into rooms without knocking! I was changing!" I fire back at him. I storm off to the bathroom to put the clothes I had previously picked on. Growing curious, I press my ear to the door and listen.

"Whoa hold on a second.. Matt, you have a sister?" A muffled Cameron questions.

"Obviously dude."

"Why didn't you ever tell any of us?"

Matt sighs, "Look Cam, I'll explain later when the rest of the guys get here. For now just find yourself a room. I'm going to Mc Donald's." And with that, the door shut.

Finally clothed, I keep to myself in my room. Across from the queen bed, there's a dark wood dresser. A flat screen sits on it, and a vase with red flowers sits on either side of it. I pick up the remote and click it on. Keeping up with the Kardashians just happens to be on. My eyelids feel heavy, and after the plane ride and all that'd happened today, I let myself drift to sleep.

****

Matt Pov

I walk outside through the side door and out to the garage. Dad said there would be a car here but I didn't know what it was. Opening the door, I see a matte black lambo. Nice. Of course our parents would want us to ride in style, but that's not always what I want. I just want to live a regular life. Sometimes I feel like the only reason I still tour is to keep the fans happy. But on the other hand, I love what I do.

Finding the keys on a hook next to the light switch, I jump into the car and smoothly pull out of the garage. Slow motion plays through the speakers.

"We can take, we can take, we can take our time babyyy in slow motionnnn."

I pull into the McDonald's drive thru and order what Sydney would've if she were with me: a Big Mac and a large sweet tea.

"That'll be $7.18 at the window please."

****
Locking the car and placing the keys back on the silver hook, I go through the side door once more.

Instead of an empty house, I am greeted by eight teenage boys all crowded into what used to appear as a large couch.

"MATTY BOI!" Carter springs from the couch and over to my side. I grin.

"I missed the other half of my catt." I say back, fake crying.

The next to approach me is Nash. He claps me on the back and heads into the kitchen where the oven beeps. Probably making a pizza.

The boys all greet me then: first Shawn, then Jack, Jack, Aaron, then Taylor. Cameron stays at the couch with his hands in his lap, blankly staring at the ground. There's no need for him to greet me, especially after our awkward encounter earlier.

Interrupting me from my thoughts, Nash screams, "PIZZA'S READY!" The boys all race to the kitchen, including Cam this time. I go to the kitchen as well and set Syd's food in the microwave so it doesn't get cold.

Within a few minutes, they're all sitting back on the couch with a slice of pepperoni in hand. I guess now is the perfect time to tell them.

"Hey guys, I have a little uhh... Announcement I guess." They all look at me, confusion and anticipation obvious in their eyes.

"None of you know this," I continue, "but I think it's for the best that I tell you now."

"Okay Matt just get on with it." Gilinsky says, laughing slightly.

"Okay so I have a sister. Two actually. One named Addie and one named Sydney."

"How old is she?" Taylor asks with a smirk.

"She's four, smart ass."

His smirk disappears, "You said you have two..?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself? She's upstairs in the master. She's staying with us for the summer."

****
Sydney POV

"SYD!" I hear through my comforter. Slowly I sit up. Why would he even be bothering me. Matthew continues to knock.

"I'll be right there Matt, Damn!" I sass.

Waking into the bathroom I feel the cold of the tiles on my toes. I look to the mirror and throw my long hair into a careless bun atop my head and walk to the door.

"Do you need something Matt?" No answer. Okay, I guess he left.

Opening the door I stride down the wooden stairs and I stop. I smell McDonalds. I take the rest of the stairs in two's and run into the kitchen without so much as backward glance at my surroundings. I hurry to the microwave, knowing that Matt would've set it there to keep the food warm, our mom taught us that.

I rip the bag open and see a beautiful Big Mac and fries. "Thanks Matt!" I yell. He doesn't answer. I hear footsteps, though.

"Okay fine, don't answer me."

"Sorry Syd," he finally answers, "but I've got some more people I want you to meet."

I knew this would have to happen sooner or later. Slowly, I turn around. But when I turn, I see something I didn't expect. I freeze.

I'm surrounded by eight new boys, yes. But I didn't expect them to all be so, so attractive...

****
A/N: Hey guys, thank you for 121 reads that's insane! I know it's not much but I appreciate all of them. I hope you are all enjoying the story so far! Keep reading! xoxo