Chapter 34 (Edited)

Tears streamed down my face while I shifted back into human form. Wafilia was dead, and there was no way that I could get her back. I threw up and shuddered before I pulled on Vulcan's shirt, after I had finished. I knew that it was because my body was trying to get used to the fact that I had taken the last of the blood and was able to shift into my Wolf form.

I was surprised that I wasn't in excruciating pain like all the others that had shifted before me, but I guess it was because that I had to wait until I was ready, unlike the other Werewolves. I shook my head, clearing my head from my thoughts and left the cover of the trees, kind of praying that I could be swallowed into the ground.

"Let's go," Uncle C said, spying me come out from the cover of the trees. He had a poker face on, and I really didn't know what he was thinking. I just hoped that he wouldn't try to kill me, like I knew how some others would try to when they got wind that I was the Red Wolf.

I nodded my head, keeping my head lowered, not wanting to look him in the eyes. I grabbed hold of some of the shirt, trying to keep myself calm and not run as fast as possible away from the place that smelt of death and despair.

I walked in the direction of the house, still crying. I was scared and alone, not knowing what was going to happen to me was one of the worst feelings in my life. It was second to the self-pity that I felt, which I truly hated.

I didn't take a look at Wafilia's body, because I didn't want my last memory of her to be killed as well as having a bite in her neck. I shuddered and my stomach felt queasy as I smelt the death, not being able to handle it.

I am going to kill you, Skylar, I vowed, knowing that he wasn't going to be able to hear me. I gritted my teeth together and growled softly, remembering the sneer that was on his face when he told me that she was going to die.

Tingles went up and down my spine and a warm feeling grew in the pit of my stomach. "Relax, Rylan," Cooper said, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "We will avenge her death." There was a promise in his voice, that caused me to shudder.

I shook my head and wiped my face, not caring that I had gotten dirt or dried blood on it from my arm. "You mean me, Alpha," I said. I took a deep breath. "I can't let you."

Cooper growled, softly. "And why not?" he asked, stepping in front of me. This caused me to stop and glare at him. "I am your mate." He folded his arms across his chest and stared down at me, his face blank.

I snorted and shook my head. "Some mate you have been," I muttered, causing him to growl. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. "And it's because it is my job to protect the Innocent."

"And it is my job to protect my mate," Cooper replied, causing me to growl.

"Oh for the love of all that's good. If you wanted to protect me, then you wouldn't have made it clear to me that you didn't want me. You might've changed, but you caused me more hurt than not. I need time to figure out what I want to do, and I have a lot on my plate." With that, I shoved past him and stormed off.

I knew that I was being a butthead, but I had just lost the female that I had promised to look after and protect. I didn't even know if I had lost the family that I had so badly wanted because of who I was and what I needed to do.

I took a shuddering breath before running all the way back to the pack house and into my room, ignoring the curious looks that glanced my way. I was sure that they were going to hear about what had happened earlier on, and how I had lost control of my anger and my Wolf.

I shook my head before running into my bedroom and then into the bathroom. I locked the bathroom door before stripping and jumping into the shower, gasping slightly when I felt the cold water hit my overheated body.