Chapter 17 (Edited)

It is strange how a peaceful car ride could lead to sudden doom. I mean, the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud to be seen for miles upon in. It wasn't too cold, which was pretty weird since it was still the middle of February. Then again, us Werewolves were naturally warmer than those of humans.

I fiddled with the sleeve of my new leather jacket, feeling nervous about what will happen to me. I must say that I did think I had found some friends, even though I only had some communication with three of the ten people.

"Hey, Curly Top," one of the other men said. A small smirk appeared on his face while he caught me trying to remember his name. He had curly, red hair, that made my curls look bad compared to his. He had green eyes, and they seemed to be looking me up and down. "Names Thaddeus, don't forget it this time?"

I kept my face blank and blinked. "You said your name was Carrot Top, right?" I asked. "And, I don't have curls. I have ringlets." I flicked my head, trying to make my hair bounce. However, it didn't work because I had it in a ponytail.

Thaddeus growled teasingly, causing Vulcan to hiss silently. "I said it was Thaddeus, Curly Top," he said.

I glanced at Vulcan, hearing him hiss and frowned before I looked back at Thaddeus. "All righty, Thaddie," I replied, smirking at his glare. "Now what is it that you want?"

"Are you going to go to school or are you going to go exploring town?" He raised an eyebrow. "If you are going exploring, then I want in."

"Good, you can help me with buying food," I said, sarcastically. "There isn't that much food in the kitchen."

"Ophelia does the cooking at her house and then just brings it over," Liam explained. He frowned. "Let me guess, before I found you throwing rocks at trees, you were trying to cook something?"

I grunted and nodded. "I couldn't throw them at someone I wanted to, so I opt for trees." I nodded my head to Vulcan. "He wouldn't even go near me."

"I wouldn't have gone over either, but I had found an old leather jacket and a cami for you to change into," Liam said. "You really should have a more array of clothing except for you sweatshirt, jeans, and T-Shirt."

"Well, it's all the clothes that I have," I said. I huffed and pouted, leaning back in my seat. "'Sides, it was bacon wearing sweatshirt today."

"You're a girl, and you love bacon?" Thaddeus said. There was shock evident in his voice.

"Mama, loves her meat," I replied. "Don't touch my bacon, or else I'll hurt you. I've given Rhett a black eye multiple times for stealing my bacon."

"Is this Rhett your mate?" Addy asked. She frowned, probably trying to think of information about my brother. "And isn't he the Beta of the pack that you were from? If so, then why did you hit him and are not dead?"

The thought of me and my brother having sex almost made me want Vulcan to stop the car so I could throw up. I hid back a small shiver of disgust. Sure, I did love my brother, but I didn't love my brother. However, Addy didn't need to know that just yet. I knew that I had told them that Rhett was my brother, but I wondered if I could get them to think that we were something more.

"Because, he and I were star-crossed lovers," I said, making sure to sound like a bashful female. I giggled, and this caused Liam to cover up a cough. I turned to look at them, swooning. "He and I would go out on dates, and he would push me on a swing set and tell me that he loves me." I heard Liam cough. 'If you give them any sign that I'm lying, then I'll cut your penis off with a rusted spoon and shove it down your throat,' I threatened him.

Liam stopped trying to laugh and looked at me with pure horror on his face. He probably knew that I would hold my threat seriously.

"But why would you reject your mate if you both love each other?" Perry asked. He frowned, his blue eyes, trying to pick up any lie or not.

I sighed and looked down, making myself look vulnerable and upset that I wasn't with my "mate". "He was of power," I mumbled. "I'm a Dud Wolf who will never hold power except for an Omega." That part was slightly the truth. If I didn't have Beta Blood in me, then I would've been an Omega and treated with far less respect that I was given. "No one knew about our relationship, and he liked it that way. If he did, then he would've been seriously punished for loving an Omega. To save us both, I rejected him."

"So, are you telling me that you would be the Beta Female right now, if you didn't reject him?"

"Actually, if he died, then by blood, I would be given the Beta title. However, if someone had won in a battle, then it would be taken from me."

"Wait, by blood? I thought you said he was your mate," Addy said, confused.

I smirked and looked at her. "I never said that he was my mate. You implied that he was. I didn't get hurt because he was my brother then and is now."

"WHAT?!" everyone, except for Liam, exclaimed.

I busted out laughing at the shocked look on their faces. "Rhett is my brother, which I've told you before. Remember?" I raised an eyebrow. "I have told you all this when we were talking about how I was wanting to challenge Luke for the Beta position. Or have you forgotten?"

"Well, we have had a lot of information throw at us at once," Luke replied. "And if you are the Beta's sister, then why didn't you come to the dinners that your pack held each year for us?"

I pursed my lips while Liam growled at Luke. "No," I said, looking at Liam. "This will be the only part they can know, for now." I turned to look at Vulcan. "Can you make sure that we are kind of late? It won't take long."

Vulcan nodded his head and turned the car to the left onto a different road. He had been keeping the car at a slow level, and I was surprised that no cops had pulled him over or any other cars at that matter.

I took a deep breath and looked at the eight people that I hoped would learn to respect me. "What I say can not be told to anyone. I don't trust people easily, but my craving for friendship is stronger." I paused and look at them each in the eye. "If I hear that someone else knows what has happened, then I will not reject what happens to you all afterwards. Got it?"

"Got it," the other eight chorused while Liam grunted.

I took a deep breath, praying to the Moon Goddess that they would be my friends.

__________________________________________________________

A/N: Hmmmm, will Rylan get friends or nah? If she gets friends, do you think that they will tell a soul about what she tells them? Also, will she trust them to tell about her whole past?

Find out in the chapters to come.

As always, please don't forget to vote/comment. I will answer a message back if you place it on here.

Peace out Fluffy Munchkins.

~Rissa