Chapter 22 (Edited)

"Sit still, Ry. We're almost done," Bailey said, teasingly. "I'm glad we placed Wafilia at your hands." A small smirk appeared on her face while she glanced down at the female who had my hands in hers.

I growled, lowly, at her while she placed some blush on my face. "I wouldn't hurt her. If it was just the two of you..." I smirked, causing her to mess up a bit.

"You wouldn't hurt us either. However, you would've probably be on the other side of the state by now," Addy said, flipping through my drawing book. She snickered and held the book up, showing two males standing side by side with devil horns and an evil grin. "Nice picture of Thaddeus and Chris," she added.

I snorted. "Ya, Thaddie was pissed. He wanted a nice picture to send to his mother. He wanted me to show her that they were actually behaving at the Pack House without them." This caused Addy and Bailey to snort because the only good thing that they did was playing pranks on others, with me.

"You are a good drawer," Wafilia said. "Are you almost done with the picture of me?" She looked up at me, her clear blue eyes filled with anticipation.

Wafilia stood about 5'4 and was around 17 years old. She was a disabled kid, making me more protective of her. Her eyes were not inline with each other and she had a sort of a small lisp. I think her mother had said that she had Down Syndrome, but I didn't know. She had shoulder length blonde hair, covering her heart shaped face.

I smiled fondly at her, puckering my lips so that Bailey could place some lip gloss on them. "Almost," I said, wrinkling my nose while she started to curl my now shoulder length hair. "I'm copying it on an easel, 'cause Mr. Jones saw it and wanted me to draw the picture." I rolled my eyes, thinking of the older male.

"Really?!" Wafilia exclaimed, her eyes widening. "But what if..." She frowned, her brows moving together in deep thought. I could tell that she was nervous of what others would say.

I snorted, knowing what she was thinking. "Don't worry about it," I reassured her. "You are beautiful both in and out. If someone hates that I drew you, then it's their fault. Not yours." I winced slightly while Bailey pulled at my hair in different directions.

"Well, enough talking. You are done, and I think that Gigi is still waiting for our call," Bailey said. "Wafilia, you can let go of her wrists now."

I sighed, glad to be released and stood, rubbing them. "Remind me on asking them why they didn't keep their promise or the lack of phone calls." A small frown appeared on my face, and I couldn't help but feel worried. I hadn't spoken to my surrogate father or mother in a while, and that kind of made me nervous. However, not having contact with my brother or best friend was worse.

Bailey and Addy seemed to become slightly more silent, and they weren't meeting my gaze. "We will," Bailey said. She cleared her throat and met my eyes before looking away. "And we aren't hiding anything."

I raised an eyebrow, but I didn't push it. "All right." I went to my bag and pulled out my laptop before going over to the bed. I kept my wall up while I thought about the slip up. Could something have happened to Alpha Cameron or someone that I didn't know about and wasn't contacted? I paused and shook my head. Nah, my brother would've told me. He's my brother, and he knew how protective of the pack I get, even if they had beaten me.

"Ry?" Addy asked, snapping her fingers underneath my face. Worry filled her voice because I didn't answer her.

I jumped up startled and clutched my computer chest as I fell off the bed, making sure that I landed on my back. "Oof," I gasped. I laid my head on the ground and took in deep breaths, trying to control my frayed nerves. "Da-" I glanced at Wafilia who was looking at me, smirking. "-ng it, Addy," I finished. I glared at Addy while she tried not to giggle. "You almost made me break my computer."

Addy giggled and helped me up. "Sorry, Ry," she apologized. "I didn't mean to scare you. What were you thinking about?" Curiosity filled her voice, causing me to shake my head.

"Nothing for you to worry about right now," I said, getting onto Skype and not looking at her. I clicked Gigi's name and waited for her to answer. "I need to think about it for a little while."

"And that is what I do not like to hear from my best friend when she calls me," a familiar voice said.

______________________________________________________________

A/N: Dun Dun Dunnnnnn. What are they hiding? Will Ry find out about it and like it? What is going to happen next?

Peace out Fluffy Munchkins,

~Rissa