Chapter Twenty One

“Okay, so we’ll start with asking Father if he know anything even thought it could be a waste,” said Alec. 

“Then we can try to trail Katrina to see if she really is suspicious,” added Allie.

We sat in the main room of the Base, in the corner away from everyone else talking low, trying to stay sane while thinking of a plan to get answers. Asking first was what we were going to have to start with, then we could add on from there. The three prime suspects were Katrina, Chelsea and Father because they seemed to know the most and based on how little we knew, they fit. 

“I can talk to Chelsea to see if she knows anything,” I suggested. 

“Yeah, I want to come with you when you do that.” she said, turning to look at me. “She knows.”   

“Having fun?” asked a voice behind us. 

We all froze with a look of terror on our faces when hearing him. Allie and I were too afraid to turn around, and Alec was too from the look on his face. Roy gave us a accusing look before turning around with a forced smile. 

“Can we help you?” he asked.

“If you want to conduct an investigation, it would help if you didn’t let anyone sneak up behind you,” said Father, a bit surprised. “Before you ask, I heard everything you were saying. I know there is someone targeting the werewolves, but there aren’t any leads yet. If you wish to go after it, I will not try to stop you. Just please, be careful.” 

"Wow, that's what the elder of the pack has to say? "I won't stop you but be careful?"' asked Allie before getting hit by Alec and I at the same time. "Sorry,"

"Well, I guess that's that." Roy said, turning away. "So you two going after Chelsea?"

"Yeah, we have to do it on a school day though. Neither of us know where she lives," I said, trying not to look at him. "What about Katrina?"

"We'll have to split up or at least pretend we aren't tailing her." he said, looking at me.

"What?"

"You aren't exactly good at it."

I looked at him and pushed him off the chair, laughing at him hitting the floor along with Allie and Alec. He blew wisps of his dark hair out of his face and looked at me, a smirk on his face before standing back up and getting behind me. He let out a low growl by my ear, causing me to jump and yelp a bit. They were all laughing at it, seemingly knowing something. 

"That wasn't funny," I accused, moving my hair away and looking at him. 

"It was too, you just don't want to admit it," he said, still laughing. 

"You two act like a married couple," said Alec, trying to smother his laughs. 

"It's true," 

"No we aren't!" we yelled at the same time. 

"See?" asked Alec, crossing his arms like Allie did.

"Don't we have an investigation to work on?" he asked, fixing his chair and sitting down. I shot him a look of gratefulness and he smiled in return before we went back. "So you two have Chelsea tomorrow and we have Katrina,"

"Why do you two get to tail her?" I objected.

"We've tailed people before and have more experience," butted in Alec, looking a bit smug. "We tailed you two and you didn't notice."

"Dammit, fine." agreed Allie. "Whoa, is it that late? We gotta go Lilly," 

"Fine, bye Dumb and Dumber," I waved, smirking at them looking confused.