Chapter 12

We were taken back to the large building and all the paparazzi were now gone to my relief. Back inside the man, who had introduced himself as Michael Gyron, the head of the team that was investigating into the camp, said that we could go on to live normal lives once the news had died down. Not that anything would ever feel the same now. The public had only been informed that we were taken by a terrorist group and had escaped. 

All the Americans had had flights arranged for them, and that's when it hit me. Caleb had to go home to America and I might never see him again. Tears welled up in my eyes and Caleb hugged me tightly.

"I can't leave you. I care too much about you." He mumbled into my neck.

It was then I realized how much I wanted this boy in my life, as much more than a friend.

"Please don't go." I sobbed. He soothingly rubbed circles on my back.

"It'll be okay."

"Everyone keeps telling me that but without you, it won't be!" I cried.

"Ssh," he calmed me.

"You two don't have to leave each other." My Dad announced. Caleb and I sprung apart and I saw he was crying too.

"What?!" we both exclaimed.

"I have bought a house down the road where you live Kinara, we are your neighbors!" Caleb's mum, Sarah announced.

"Are you serious?" Caleb and I yelled in sync, both parents grinned and nodded. Caleb and I ran and hugged our parents before grabbing each other and jumping up and down in excitement.

I couldn't leave this boy, my heart told me that. "Kee." Shivers ran down my spine as he whispered in my ear and he noticed, chuckling, his chest rumbling.

"Caleb." I grinned. He slowly pulled back before looking me in the eyes seriously, I saw his gaze slip to my lips and back to my eyes. He looked nervous, and I had never wanted a boy to kiss me more. He leaned in before putting his lips on mine.

Everything seemed to go still as he kissed me. I was so nervous but so relaxed at the same time, I almost felt light-headed as it was so perfect. He pulled back and smiled at me and I grinned back, giddy.

"Right lovebirds, my truck is outside, we're sharing a lift." My Dad grinned happily, and Sarah smiled at my Dad before looking at us happily. He slipped his arm around my waist as I rested my head on his shoulder.

After a long explanation of everything that had happened whilst we were away, during the 3-hour car journey, we concluded that Caleb and I should be on bed rest and I had to come back to the government hospital for a check-up in a month. Caleb and I had been enrolled back into my old school but were going to have to do a lot of extra schoolwork to catch up, but we were both fast learners and would manage.

We stopped outside Caleb's house, which was about 5 houses down from mine.

"I'll see you soon." He sighed into my hair as he hugged me.

"God that sounds so much better than 'i'll see you next time I'm in England'" I grinned as he laughed.

"Don't I know it!" He gently kissed me again and rest his forehead against mine.

"I love you Kinara," he whispered almost inaudibly. My whole body felt like I had intense pins and needles and my stomach backflipped. I really did love this guy.

"I love you too." I murmured. He smiled against my lips before following his Mum inside.

It was over. We were safe. For the first time since I arrived at the camp, I was perfectly happy. I was going to be okay.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

THE END. Sorry, i am a sucker for happy endings . Thanks for reading x