Effortlessly sexy was the phrase that I was looking for.

Realising that I was staring, I adverted my eyes and looked around the café instead. 

Alex's phone began to buzz, pulling me out of my thoughts and back to the reality of the situation. Glancing down to where it lay on the table, I saw the name 'Jake' flash up on the screen. Alex cursed and made a move to grab it before hesitating, looking up at me.

"Do you mind if I take it? I know it's rude, but it could be important." He sounded apologetic.

"I don't find it rude." 

Alex slipped out of the booth and excused himself from the table to take the phone call. Glancing around the café, I realised that a few people were glancing in our direction and watching Alex on the phone. He must get this a lot; people staring at him and watching his every move. I know that I wouldn't enjoy that, so I felt a little bad for him.

Tapping on my phone screen to check the time, I realised that we had been talking for about an hour here at the café. I had gotten to know Alex a little better, but it still felt strange talking to him. He hadn't mentioned a Jake, though. 

"I'm so sorry, Dylan, but I have to go." 

Alex didn't look happy anymore.

"That's fine. Kai is probably wondering what happened to me, anyway." I shrugged, grabbing my bag.

"Do you mind if my driver takes you back? I'd drive you but I didn't bring my car." Alex rubbed the back of his neck.

"I can just take the bus, it's fine." 

"No, please, I brought you here so it's only right I make sure you get home safely."

That was nice of him, but it really didn't bother me to have to take the bus. I had my headphones in my bag, so it would be fine. If it would make Alex feel better, I suppose I could go with the driver instead, though.

"Okay." I nodded, "I don't mind."

Alex stopped forward and held out a card with his number sprawled across it. It was clearly Jenny's card, but he had written what I was presuming was his own number across the front in sharpie. 

"Text me." He smiled, "I mean, if you want to."

Staring at the piece of card with his number on, I could barely wrap my head around it. Today had been a whirlwind, but I had a bubble of excitement inside of me. Everything about Alex was exciting and new, but not in a scary way. He was kind and interesting to talk to, and I even felt sad about our time together ending. 

"I will." I nodded.

Alex stepped towards me, his arms lifting from his side, but he seemed to think twice about it. I was kind of glad because I wasn't much of a hugger, and I wanted to get to know him a bit better first. I think he could understand that.

"I'll speak to you later, Dylan." Alex opened the car door for me, "I'm sorry for ending it so abruptly, but I've enjoyed spending time with you, so thank you."

"Me too." I smiled.

Climbing into the car, Alex spoke to the driver quickly before stepping back. A guy in a full suit approached Alex with his phone in his hand, rapidly texting. He seemed to be about the same age as Alex, probably late twenties, and seemed to be very put together. I figured that he was the Jake who had called earlier.

Jake was leading him to another car in the carpark when we drove away, joining the main road back towards the University. The driver was also dressed in a suit and I began to wonder how this many people could stand to wear those things all day, every day. I could barely stand a few hours in a dress shirt this morning.