\\Chapter Two\\

Picture of Donald above>>>>>

~She slept with wolves without fear for which the wolves knew the lion among them~

\\Chapter Two\\

You know the feeling when it's time to check for monsters in your closet, or for the boogeyman under your bed, while knowing that the situation is real and not some kind of invented myth? That moment where you come face to face with your greatest nightmare, only to realize that the real monster that you have always feared resides inside of you?

To me this incident is going to take place any minute now. I am about to face my demon and that isn't by searching my room for monsters, but by meeting with the man that has broken me into small shattered fragments.

As I take my first step into the building, all balderdash talk comes to a halt. It seems like everyone is in a frozen state with their eyes wide open, glued to my figure as if I am some kind of a foreign creature, an alien maybe. I walk steadily, head held high, shoulders pulled back, my eyes unwavering even with the intense stares burning holes into my body.

Nobody thought that the young, naive, and shy little girl would gain such a composure over the years and develop into this fierce looking woman. Only if they knew that she's still the same petrified little girl, yearning for a protection to shield her from this cruel world.

Looks really can be deceiving. People judge what they see. No one bothers to exceed that limit and look deeper into someone, passing by his exterior layers to reach the bottom, learning the truth about that person.

Once I reach the elevator, I hurriedly get in hiding from all the curious eyes. I take a long calming intake of air to calm my pounding heart, trying my best to strain my anxiety and set my nerves to rest.

"Give up sweetheart," he whispers wickedly to me.

No. Not today. I'm sick and tired of listening to his condemning thoughts. Let him leave me alone and he'll see how I will manage on my own. I don't need anyone's backup anymore. I'm strong enough to deal with my own problems.

"Indeed," he murmurs evilly before his shade fades back to the back of my mind.

The doors of the elevator finally open and I head to the office that I barely remember. His secretary is typing furiously on her laptop, too busy to notice me.

"Hello Alice." I greet her politely trying to sound stern.

My voice catches her by surprise as she jumps slightly from her seat flabbergasted.

"Miss Dover?" she asks stunned; more like questioning herself as if I am real. She actually blinks a few times checking if I am really standing in front of her. I fight the urge to roll my eyes at her childish attitude.

"Yes, it's me Alice." I give her a small fake smile. She looks at me with wide eyes and a mouth wide open. She seems a little bit older than her actual age. Definitely not a woman in her late thirties. Her hair is completely white, not a strand of it is left unbothered by the deathly color. Her eyes are dull and tired from the burdens of the office that my father has thrown upon her shoulders, but with all that appearance, she still has a lovely vibe surrounding her. A vibe my father is desperately trying to kill.