\\Chapter One\\

Picture of Arianna above >>>>>

~If life doesn't kill you the emptiness will. Hell is empty but all the demons are here~

\\Chapter One\\

Peace. A foreign yet comfortable feeling takes over my body. My soul feels at home, a place I never knew the meaning of. All I acknowledge is the relaxation that possesses me, dominating my raging feelings to set me to rest. I am not calculating, analyzing, or overthinking.

For the first time in what seems like forever, the air I inhale isn't so intoxicating. A weird feeling crawls up my skin nippling gently, rapping itself slowly around my entire body. I can't understand what I am sensing. Pain has always been everything I've ever felt. From the minute I wake up until I fall asleep. What's this, then? I look around toiling to comprehend what is taking over my senses, and my eyes finally settle on the piece of art forging in front of me. Dazzling colors dance smoothly in the sky painting a marvelous language that captures every eye and penetrates it to reach its main goal.

The soul. I find it incredibly amazing how at every sunset, the sky takes a different shade. No cloud is ever in the same place. Each day is a new masterpiece. A new wonder. A new memory.

The sky is simply marvelous. Something inside me aches from the fact that I didn't admire this view back in the days. In other words, I didn't have time to notice this beauty, or maybe I didn't quite understand beauty back then. How could I? All I had ever seen was withering grace and hope. For the first time, the sky seems to rock my demon to sleep. Something I am grateful for.

Hours pass and the ticking of time echo in my ears with every passing minute. To me, time seems meaningless since I am starting from the beginning after spending eternity waiting for the end.

This is it. There is no going back now. No chickening out and no returning to that haunted place that enjoys playing with me like a pathetic doll. It's finally the time where I stop running and dodging the inevitable. It's time to show this place, which once fooled me into believing it was home, the new and developed version of me. It's time to show them that the girl they broke is now unbreakable, the girl who cried is now laughing, and the girl who gave up on things is now unstoppable.

They used to play with me; they thought it was a chess game and I was a pawn. This time, I am different and the master of the game is going to change; this time they will be played and swayed as I please.

The plane lands much to my disappointment. The peacefulness I felt up there quickly vanishes into thin air, waking my demon gently from his slumber to make his presence known. I make my way through the crowded people who are marching towards the exit with smiles plastered on their faces.

"Look at all these happy faces."

Envy settles inside of me. My demon is back at taunting, laughing, and pushing my limits. He never gets tired. After all, he sucks his energy from me, leaving me vulnerable and weak.

I grab my suitcases and head outside to my waiting driver. Once all my things are set in the trunk, the engine roars and the car speeds away from the airport. The streets of London are still trafficked as usual. Car horns are being blown every now and then, and people are rushing in all different directions. Some of them are getting ready to go home after a long day at work, others are taking a walk on sidewalk, feeling the afternoon breeze. The exact same scenario that I already have had imprinted in my mind repeats itself.