"Yeah, Troye really turned me around." I simply said. The conversation declined from there. Caspar didn't answer. He seemed to just stare out into the pond. He looked like he was in deep thought. The silence drew longer and longer until I heard Caspar stir.

"When are you and Troye gonna be official?"

"What?"

"When are you two just gonna come out to us all and say you are dating?"

"Uh, we aren't dating."

"That's not what either one of you put up." So it's not just me. He's doing it too. My heart rate sped up, knowing that Troye, the very boy I've been flirting with, might feel the same way as I do for him. I felt my pupils dilate and my hands began to slightly shake and sweat.

Caspar didn't notice my slight panic episode, so I just played it off like nothing. Or tried to anyway. After a brief moment, I decided to flip the script on him.

"So, how are you and Joe doing?"

"Oh...we're doing okay." There was a noticeable pause.

"Are you sure? You can talk to me Caspar."

"I don't really know if I have feelings for him or not."

Seriously?  This is the guy who on DAY ONE carried his broken ass into the medical tent for treatment and stayed there for him. This is the guy who has stuck by his side this entire first week of camp. Why would he have this sudden change of heart? I mean, Joe doesn't seem to be the nicest guy in the world, but he seems to have a soft spot for Caspar. Which for his personality, shows a whole lot. Which, leads me to a conclusion.

"Is there someone else you're wanting to get with?"

There was an audible and drawn out silence between his answer and the question. I heard Caspar exhale slowly and uneven.

"There is someone else who has caught my attention."

"Oh...when did this really occur to you?"

"I don't really know. Maybe I just knew but didn't realize it 'til recently."

Is Caspar serious? I mean, Joe is really good to him. He looks out for him. He's there for him. Why would he want to give all that up?

"Oh..." was all I could muster. Caspar and Joe have been really close for the whole camp. I don't know why Caspar would think this.

"I think I'm gonna go back." I said to Caspar. Although this was quite shocking and weird for Caspar, I probably needed to go back to the cabin. Caspar nodded and I moved upward and around the bench to go back to the path.

After emerging from the forest, the camp was beginning to bustle to life. Counselors began to emerge and a few early-riser campers came out of their respective cabins. I made my way around the U and back to Cabin A. I clambered up the steps and walked into the cabin.

Joe and Marcus were noticeably vacant from their beds, leaving only one in their own.

He was still sound asleep, his head poking out of his comforter. His hair was disheveled and he was still curled into a ball. I smiled at how how cute and how at peace he was.

I moved forward and lifted the comforter along with the sheet under it. I held it up as I slid into the bed, next to him. I wrapped my left arm around his body. In doing so, his body stirred at the sudden touch.

"Good morning." I said. He turned his head, then putting it back where it was.

"Morning Con." He said in a low, monotone voice.