Chapter 5

(My apologies for not posting in a few days. Feeling uninspired;-; But I'm back now. I don't know how long it's going to be. Also, since the timeline of when this story takes place hasn't been mentioned before, it happens in about the middle of the original series (Indigo League) back in the Gen-1 times... nostalgia-for-days... x3 Anyway, enjoy!!) (ALSO THE NEXT CHAPTERS CONTAIN SLIGHT POKESHIPPING SO GO HOME IF YOU DESPISE THAT SORTA THING!)

(Jessie's Point of View)

I was nervously shaking as the team and I walked along the dusty road. I really hope James... oh and Meowth... hadn't noticed, so I stayed behind them to avoid it. I noticed right away how nervous the other two were though. That filthy Meowth is right to be nervous. The second I get my hands on him when James isn't around to see it... he'll pay.

I tried to keep my mind off of the you-know-what. I'm modest enough to admit that I'm still in shock, which is obviously surprising given how intelligent I happen to be. I couldn't believe it. I probably heard it wrong. James isn't in love with me. No way. He's gonna pay for making me believe that!

No. Calm down Jessie. You can't do this to yourself. Denying yourself this one chance of happiness. Your whole life has been garbage. You might actually have a shot at love. I sound like a little whiny little girl now don't I? Well I'm not. I'm not like all the little trainer girls that Brock or... even James would like... Who am I kidding with the "love" thing anyway? James doesn't love me. He's too... nice. And I'm just... me...

And my thoughts are interrupted when that stupid mangy feline Pokemon stops dead in his tracks and points at the path. "Looky guys." Meowth chimes up in a fake, cheery voice, "We've stumbled upon the tracks of da' twerps Pikachu!" Stumbling ahead and glancing at the ground, I nod. Little pawprints line the path ahead for as far as I can see. "Better get 'da balloon. We gotta Pikachu to catch." James and I sigh in agreement.

~~~~~~

(Later, in the Team Rocket hot air balloon)

I sat on one side of the hot air balloon basket, not really caring whether or not Meowth was steering us in the right direction. I faced the outer walls of the basket with my arms wrapped around my legs and my head resting on my knees.As far as I'm concerned where we were following the twerps too this time. We'll fail at whatever scheme Meowth thinks up for us anyway. Try to capture Pikachu, get electrocuted by the rat, or possibly attached by another of the Twerp Troup's Pokemon, get blasted off, and try again the next day. Trying to stay positive is hard after awhile, and today I was in no mood for joy.

James sat on the other side of the balloon. I could hear him, and, yeah, occasionally I peaked. He sat in a similar position to mine, his head turned away from me and facing the walls of our basket. I wonder what he's thinking. Same thing as me?

It felt like forever just sitting in that balloon, but I finally felt the balloon ease slowly down to the ground. "We're here! I can see 'da gang o' twerps from here!" I slowly ease to my feet and gasp with awe at the beautiful place we have landed. We were practically on top of a mountain, where we could see grassy valleys for miles. And the twerp troup was walking right along the path we had spotted up on. Well, I guess they were at one point. Right now they were stopped, and I could see Ash pointing this direction, his electric rodent on his shoulder and his stupid group beside him, looking this direction.

I got angry of course. I turned to that dumb Meowth and whacked him upside the head, suddenly feeling a bit more like myself. "How dare you land the balloon here!?!? Now the twerps can see us and we can't capture that Pikachu because they know that we're here!!!!" I yelled at the top of my voice. James stood behind me idly, not saying a word and simply staring at me blankly.

Meowth shrugged. "Oopps." He responded simply, and began to walk down the path which circled the mountain. What was his plan? To catch them on their way up and battle them once we've met up? Actually thinking about it, although it's not a very Rocket-like idea if it doesn't involve James in a dress, but I guess it's a plan. I looked over at James and shrugged, starting to walk down the path. He made a grunting noise and walked after me.

~~~~~~

After about half an hour of quiet walking down the rocky mountain path, I noticed that the Twerp Troup was about met up with us. I dashed into the nearest bush and grabbed Meowth and James and drug them in with me too. And soon enough the group and their puny lightning mouse were nearing our hideout. I watch closely as Ash and that stuck up brat Misty approach... and their... holding hands? Yuck. I despise romance, and I suppose that part of the reason I deny myself that... But, gotta focus."Ready?" I whisper to James, careful not to be heard. He nods, and we've dashed out into our normal position to recite out anthem.

"Prepare for trouble,"I chant, with as much energy as I can muster.

"And..." James sighs, "make it double.."

"To protect the world from devestation," I'm done sounding enthusiastic.

James starts, "To unite all peo-"

"Oh shut up Team Rocket! We all saw you enter with your stupid Meowth balloon!" The fiery little red haired Misty growls, letting go of Ash's hand and staring at us with anger in her gaze. "What stupid plan do you have to take Ash's Pikachu have you losers came up with today?!" Brocked and Ash stood beside her, obviously annoyed.

Wow, I guess Misty didn't want to be interrupted. Girls in love are always hostile. Wait... No... I'm always like that. It doesn't mean I... whatever. More important things to focus on.

"We're takin' your Pikachu 'da ol' fashion way! Battlin'!" Meowth hops out of the bush and leaps onto my shoulder. "Send out yer Pokemon guys!" He commands.

James leaps into action. "Weezing! Go!"He yells , almost in a bored way, throwing out his Poke-ball as his favorite Pokemon bursts out.

"Arbok! You too!" I yell, grabbing my Poke-ball and releasing it.

Ash and Brock both reach for a Poke-ball and throwing it to release their Pokemon.

"Go Bulbasaur!" Ash yells.

"Vulpix! GO!"Brock yowls after Ash's call.

And the four choosen Pokemon stand face to face with eachother as they wait for their master's first order for battle.

(Ok so Kind of a rushed ending but this is so long right now!!! I'll continue with the next chapter later!)

(To be continued...)