Chapter 2

(Yay Chapter 2!! Usually I sorta forget about a story after I begin writing it but I have a lot of ideas for this one! Thanks for reading everyone, and enjoy! ^u^)

(James Point of view)

A sudden impact on my head made my eyes pop open and take in the sunlight.

I raise my head up suddenly and that pesky Meowth fell right onto the ground in front of me with a thud. "Hey what's 'da big idea, aye James?" He says in a mocking tone of voice, picking himself of the ground and wiping the dirt off of his whiskers.

"What's the big idea??" I scream. Why was Meowth always so dumb? "You stupid cat! Jump on my head when I'm trying to sleep!? Why would you-" My sentence was cut off when the stupid Pokemon leaped in front of me and covered my mouth with his paws.

"Calm down, geez James, ya gonna wake Jess!" Meowth whispered, a stern look on his face but his eyes glittering with amusement. He thinks my anger is... funny?! Wait, that's not important. Why did that lousy good for nothing cat wake me and not Jessie?

"What do you want from me, stupid cat?" I asked, "And why can't we wake Jessie? If I'm already up..." I quietly climb out of my sleeping bag and stand up, "why can't we just start tracking the Pikachu?"

"Relax, James, I just wanna talk to ya's." Meowth says, matter-of-factly. Oh great, the cat wants something from me.

"What about, you pest?" I ask bitterly. This is seriously getting annoying.

Meowth waits a few seconds.

"Jessie."

I'm a bit taken aback by his response. Talk about Jessie? Stupid Cat. "What do you mean, talk about Jessie? What is there to talk about?" I bitterly respond.

"Oh come'on Jimmy-boy. You of all people should knows. I'm a cat, I can tell these things..." Meowth said awkwardly. He was starting to look nervous for some reason. I sit and stare at the cat pokemon for a few moments, and he flashes me a look I can only assume is annoyance. "Oh boy, ya humans're so dense!" Meowth growls, "I know you got 'da hots fer Jessie!" He looked relieved to speak his mind, but my mouth dropped open and my eyes grew wide.

I... what now? He can't know... certainly he can't. "You don't know anything Meowth!" I mumble, crossing my arms and looking away to hide the fact that I'm blushing at the thought.

"Oh come on James! I can see it. Ya's don't have to be 'fraid to tell Meowth. I'm here to help."

I was shaking at this point. If I didn't tell him now, he'd keep acting like an annoying little pest until I did. "Fine." I mumbled shyly and reluctantly, sitting down on top of my sleeping bag and looking down at the ground, blushing. "I guess... I sorta..." Why was I gonna admit it? He already knows!

"Meowth, that's right! I knew it, ya ol' lover boy!" Meowth yowls, victory in his voice. My gaze remained focused at the ground. Did I really just... I don't even know if I do. It's more of a crush, really. Why do I think I like her anyway? She's always beating us up, and she's so bossy and rude! No... there's more than that. She's just like that on the outside. I know it. She's great. I do like her... I really do. But it'll never work. Why did Meowth even have to bring it up?!

"What are you gonna do now Meowth?" I say, emotion and confusion in my voice. "Tell her, and get both you and I beat up by whatever Jess feels like using today?" My voice grew louder and harsher during that sentence I guess.

"Geez shut up Jimmy. Ya's gettin' kinda loud. Nah, I ain't gonna tell Jess how ya's feel. You are." He responds calmly and cheerfully.

"I-I... can't..."

"Yes ya can James. You love her. You aren't gon' let fear get in 'da way!"

"There's no way I'm gonna win this argument am I, Meowth?"

"Nope."

I sigh and flop right back down onto the sleeping bag. Meowth jumps onto my stomach and I flinch in pain. He's gotta stop doing that.

Meowth looked down at my face with a pained look. "Ah, poor ol' James. Well ya's ain't doin' this fer ol' Meowth ya know? Ya doin' it for yourself. It's what you want right?"

"Right." I respond, in a hushed, defeated voice.

Meowth's response comes a few moments later. "Then talk to her."

And with that said, the cat Pokemon jumps off of me and trots into the surrounding forest, a simple expression on his face as if nothing happened.

(To be continued...)