1) One Down, One To Go

(y/n) (l/n) is a young girl living at the edge and poor side of town. Since her family is poor, they can't afford the normal things that the middle class or higher-ups can. So instead of wearing things like a dress made of cloth or cotton (etc.), she wears a dress made of rags. Everyday, when her mom went to go sell the baked goods she made, and her dad went to work as a carriage chauffeur, (y/n) would take care of the household by herself, cleaning and stuff like that...

     She's a very talented girl that can do things not usually done by people her age. Her father had taught her many fighting skills, and since she is a quick learner, she learned them instantly.She has an angelic voice and face. She is very beautiful, and her angelic face is one of the reasons why the people 'try' to be nice to her poor family.

     She is very kind-hearted and always is forgiving for something bad that had been done to either her family, or other people. However, no matter how perfect (y/n) can be, her worst trait is that she can hold long grudges when the sin done to her or her family, is too horrible to forgive. And when she is set on doing something, there's no going back, no matter how dangerous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Right now, (y/n)'s parents are out, doing what they're doing. (y/n) was all by herself in the house again,cleaning and all those things she could do while her parents were out.

     As she was sweeping the floors (y/n) heard a knock on the door. She froze, knowing her parents wouldn't be back this early. She quietly put the broom down and tip-toed to the door (No use since the floor creaked under her every time she stepped on it). She peeked through a crack at her door and saw a tall man, with others behind him.

     (y/n) decided to not answer, but a thought came into her head.

     "They already heard me creaking down the floor, so no point now," She thought as she held the doorknob, ready to shyly open it,"Anyways, what can they do to a 9 year-old like me?"

     (y/n) opened the door and the man got looks of surprise on their faces,"Y-yes?" She asked.

     The one in front of her smiled and crouched down to her level. (y/n)'s widened. Okay, even though she is only 9, she knows what the word handsome is. And this guy, is the exact definition of it. He had beautiful blue-black hair and gleaming brown eyes. This just made (y/n) blush, ever so slightly.

"Hello there little girl," The man spoke,"My name is Vincent Phantomhive," He held out a hand to (y/n).

(y/n) didn't say anything except a simple,"Hi,"

"Can we see your dad?"Vincent asked,smiling at (y/n).

The (h/c) haired girl shook her tiny head,"He's not here right now. He's out at work,"

Vincent sighed,"Well, okay then,"He said, as he stood up. He patted (y/n)'s head,"Okay, then little girl, take care,"

(y/n) whispered back,"Bye, bye Mr.Phantomhive,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As (y/n)'s mom was preparing the table for dinner, (y/n) sat at the table with her dad, swinging her little feet.

"You know dad," She said,"Some men came to the house earlier today,"

Her mom stopped what she was doing, to stare at (y/n) as her dad dropped his newspaper, also to stare at his daughter.

"Oh?" He asked,"Is that so?"

(y/n) nodded her head, happily,"The person at the front said he was looking for you," She started to explain happily,"But, I told them that you weren't here, so he left,"

(y/n) saw her dad turn his gaze towards her mother, as she returned it. For a moment, the parents had a silent conversation, until (y/n)'s dad patted her head and said,"Good job, (y/n),"

The little girl, slightly jumped in her chair with happiness. She was happy to make her parents proud(sort of).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Goodnight, sweety," (y/n)'s mother said, tucking her in her blanket made of more rags, and kissing her on the forehead.

"Goodnight, mama," (y/n) replied back. She then asked her mom,"Mommy, are you proud of me?"

"What ever do you mean, honey?"Her mother asked.

"Are you proud of me for sending the man and the people away?" (y/n) asked, sweetly, clearly trying to fight the drowsiness that's overwhelming her.

Her mother smiled at her, as she tucked some her behind her daughters' ears,"Of course I am (y/n)," She kissed (y/n) on the forehead once again,"Now you better get some rest. You did a lot of work today,"

"Goodnight, mama," (y/n) whispered out, before falling asleep.

"Goodnight, my sweet angel," her mom whispered back, exiting the room,"Sweet dreams,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, while eating lunch, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," (y/n)'s father said, as he got up to open the door.

As she was eating her sandwich, (y/n) heard a voice,"Hello, are you Mr.(l/n)?" It was Mr.Phantomhive.

(y/n) gasped as she put her sandwich down and and started to get off her chair. As she was about to run, her mother grabbed her hand, and walked her to the door.

"What do you need?" (y/n)'s father asked.

Mr.Phantomhive looked down at (y/n), before looking back at her father,"We have some, er, adult business that needs to be discussed, Mr.(l/n).

(y/n)'s mother looked at her,"Honey, why don't you go travel around the city for a bit, alright?"

"But mama-"

"(y/n). Now," Her mother said, quite sternly.

(y/n)'s face dropped slightly, as she walked out of the house, her head staring at the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About two hours later, (y/n) decided to head back to her house.

Once she arrived back at her house, she saw her mother crying at the doorway. (y/n) instantly ran to her and hugged her,"Mother what happened? Where's daddy?"

"You-you're daddy went some*hic*where for a very long time honey," Her mother tried saying, through her tears and hiccups.

"When will he come back?" (y/n) asked, oblivious of the red substance under her very feet.

Her mother started to cry some more,"He-he'll never come back,"

(y/n)'s eyes widened, as tears started to form in her beautiful (e/c) eyes,"Why? Doesn't he love us anymore?"

(y/n)'s mother grabbed her daughter and embraced her in a tight and loving hug,"No. He loved us very much. He still probably does. That's why he had to go," She said, through her daughters hair.

Only then did (y/n) realize all the blood on the floor, and realization hit her, as streams of tears started to roll down her face.