Don't scream

It is the early morning and you wake up, feeling really refreshed. You had this amazing dream that you kissed Carl twice!!! You giggle a little and stretch your arms out then pause for a moment... wait a second... THAT WASN'T A DREAM!! You are extremely shocked and you don't know whether to feel happy or confused. It was all very similar to a great dream; too good to be true. Ugh!! I still don't know what this makes us!! What are we, dating now?? Are we still friends?? Can we even be?? I really need to get some fresh air to sort this out in my head...
You put on whatever's comfortable and walk out the front door, careful not to wake up Deanna. As you take a walk, farther away from home, you think to yourself, I wonder if it would be safe to go outside the walls by myself... I have my dagger so-
In the midst of your thoughts, you feel a sharp pain at the back of your head and your vision fades to black.

You don't know how much time has passed when you wake up in the middle of... the forest? Your heart races as you realize that your hands are restricted and tied behind a tree. Your first instinct is to scream but then you realize the kinds of things this forest has. You look around and see a piece of paper with writing on it.
"If you scream, I will kill you
If they don't get you first..."
Your mind is racing, wondering what you can do to get out of here. Who did this to me?? What have I even done to deserve this?? I don't understand – I've only been here for a couple of weeks!! How do I have any enemies at all, that I don't even know of! Your moment of panic soon passes and you try to assess your situation. You try at the rope as hard as you can, but nothing happens. You probably just left marks on your wrists. Maybe if I wait here long enough, someone will find me? I have my dagger... But I can't get it. And my feet are basically no use... I'm screwed.

Carl's POV
Carl wakes up to a sunny morning – it's 7:00am. He stretches and thinks about what happened the other night. Wow... did we really kiss? It felt like a dream. (y/n) is such a good kisser... I wonder if she's already had her first kiss... That was mine. Carl gets ready to check if (y/n) wants to go for their early morning walk in the woods before school. He walks to their usual meet up place and is surprised to see that no one is there. Hm, I guess she's not in the mood today. I'm kind of disappointed, Carl thinks to himself.
He takes a short nap before getting his backpack and going to school. When he gets to class, (y/n) isn't in the seat next to his. "Hey guys, have you seen (y/n)?"
"Sorry, man, we haven't seen your girlfriend anywhere," Sam chuckles with his brother. Carl rolls his eyes, hoping they don't see his blush, in response. I wonder if she's sick or something... I hope she's okay.
Carl sits through the lesson, worried sick about (y/n). I'm probably just overreacting... Still... I wonder if we're still on for dinner tonight.
The school bell rings and Carl gets ready for his date. He puts on his nicest pants and shirt. He combs his hair back so it's sort of slicked back. Rick walks in, about to ask something, when he sees what Carl's wearing, "getting ready for a date?"
"Actually, I am," Carl smiles, nervously.
"With who? Wait, I think I already know," Carl's dad chuckles before closing the door and leaving Carl to feel somewhat embarrassed. Is it really that obvious that I like her?
Carl spends some time feeling really nervous about the date. What if she doesn't like me? What if the kiss really made our friendship really awkward...? He does some homework to get his mind off things and before he knows it, it's 5:50. Carl takes a deep breath and heads out the door after Rick wishes him good luck.
He rings (y/n)'s door bell and waits a couple of seconds. Carl's heart pounds when he sees someone coming to the door through the patterned glass. The person who opens the door is Deanna. "Hello, Carl," Deanna says, greeting him with a smile.
"Hi Deanna," Carl says politely, "is (y/n) home?"
"No, actually. She's not, I thought she was with you."
Carl's heart drops and his worriedness rises to maximum level, "I haven't seen her all day."
"Not even at school?" Deanna starts to look as worried as he is.
"No..." Carl tries to think where (y/n) might be and the answer comes straight to his mind. Shit... Did she go to... No... Carl starts to run towards the gates of Alexandria.
"Carl, where are you going?" Deanna shouts.
"To find (y/n)!!"
Carl races past people and his friends whom he asks if they'd seen (y/n). All answers are the same: no.

Your POV
You've been sitting here for hours, wondering what to do. You've been praying to your family, praying to God (if there is one) and asking yourself who would do this to you, but nothing comes. You hear something suspicious behind a tree a couple of yards away. You wonder and somewhat hope it's the person who left you here. You call out, "who's there?" with a panicky voice. When the figure reveals itself, you realize from its jagged movement and unsettling moans, that it's a walker.
Screams escape your body, regardless of the current situation and the fact that no one probably hears you. All of a sudden, you think you hear your name for a second. Hoping its not your imagination, you call back. Then you hear it again. Is that... Carl? "Carl!" you continuously call his name.
You realize that the walker is closing in on you fast and you try to reassess your surroundings. You decide to try and reach for your dagger strapped to your hip, with your teeth. You bend your back inwards as much as you can, with the time you have, and finally get a grip with your front teeth. The walker is right in front of you and when it lunges for your chest, your dagger pierces its head. Your eyes well up with tears as you realize you are tasting the metallic flavor of blood. Your eyes are wide with shock and terror. Despite all of your encounters with walkers, this has to be the most traumatizing one.
Finally, Carl reaches you and you feel safe. "(Y/n)," Carl calls your name when he sees you and runs faster to untie you. You widen your mouth to release your knife, still in shock.
When your hands are let loose from the rope, you immediately hug Carl, letting the tears fall. "I was so scared," you whimper.
"I know," Carl seems to be crying too, in the slightest manner, "whoever did this... I will find whoever did this to you."
You bury your face into his chest and by the sweet smell of cologne; you realize that you even missed your date with him. Your heart sinks a little.
After a lot of time spent hugging him, he reluctantly pulls away. "Let's go back now. We don't want to worry them more than we already have," Carl says, bringing you up from the ground, but not letting you go. He keeps his arm around your waist and you do the same to him, to let him know that you really need this right now.