The Boy with the Chocolate Pudding

Author's Note

This story is from my Quotev account: lala. It's been noticed a lot on Quotev and I wanted to post it here because I wanted to expand my audiences a bit. You can enjoy it on any platform that's comfortable with you so here's the link to my Quotev account if you want to read it there: http://www.quotev.com/27567166

I have many other chapters that I will post in moderation so please let me know if you want more by liking, commenting, and following (kind of new to Wattpad so I don't really know what you do here xD)

Just saying this story is starting to take place in an actual Walking Dead episode (season 4 episode 9 I believe). 

You've been following the path to Terminus for days, hoping almost every second that you'll see your family there. You're starving, dehydrated; no supplies. Your ankle's in bad shape and you're not sure how much longer you can last. You push your long black hair away from your face so you can see the path ahead of you. You think about how your hair was once smooth and silky before it all happened. Now it's all tangled and even has a couple grey strands, probably from all the stress of this messed up nightmare. As you walk farther and farther away from the place your parents told you to run away from, so you could survive the walker attack, you start to see the beginning of a road to some kind of street. The only reason why you ran was because they promised you that they would meet you at a supposed safe haven called "Terminus". It's why you've been trying so hard to keep yourself going and surviving for the past however many days it's been since then. You squint to see past the immense light that shines down from the hot sun.
You start to see that there is a street of houses near the path; you believe that it is your only chance of survival. You decide to check it out to scavenge for some supplies. It's been a long time since this kind of opportunity had introduced itself to you.
What if the whole place is crawling with walkers?, you think to yourself. You try to put the thought out of your head so you don't trigger too much fear.
There are is a line of white houses and dead leaves that fill the road. You take a good look around and make sure that there are no walkers in the street. Your eyes focus and your heart starts racing when you see a figure a couple of houses away on a roof. You immediately find a tree to hide behind so you can get a better look.
You think about the possibility of it being a walker, but then realize that the figure doesn't move like a walker would. In fact, it's sitting down with something like a jar in it's lap. "I-it's... a person!" you say quietly to yourself. You limp as fast as you can to the person that you're praying to God will be willing to help you get to Terminus.
The figure, that you now recognize as a boy that seems to be about your age, looks at you and puts down his jar, startled, points his gun at you and stands up, ready to shoot. He wears a sheriff hat and is next to a can of some type of food. You keep moving to him, anyways. You try to think of something to say, but the boy starts, "who are you?"
You put up your hands hoping he doesn't shoot, "I-I'm (Y/N), I've been by myself for a long time without supplies and... I'm trying to get to a safe haven." He puts his gun down.
"What happened to your people?" he asks, as if you could do any harm to require an interrogation. You're merely 5 feet tall and you are about the same age as him, a girl.
"My family was trying to protect me so they made me run away when walkers surrounded us," you say, the sadness of what happened evident on your face.
He scans you for a moment with an almost sympathetic look on his face and then says, "how many walkers have you killed?"
"About... two, why?" you ask, feeling confused
"I need to know," he says, continuing to look down at you from the roof.
"Okay, continue," you say, struggling with the lack of food or water in your stomach. Why am I listening to this guy ask me questions? I wonder if I should just leave and look for some food myself... you think to yourself. But you know better than that; you know better than to get yourself killed.
"How many people?"
You look at him with a weird look on your face, do I look like a murderer to you?? You take a deep breath and answer anyways, "none, I haven't killed any people."
"Why?"
"Because I've never had to. The only people I've been with is my family and a couple people at a camp."
The boy, you just realized you don't know the name of after all this time, looks at you some more and turns to re-enter the house.
"Wait!" He turns around. "What's your name?"
"Carl." he says and walks inside.
You wait for a couple seconds and see him come out through the front door. "Come on, I'll take you to the place I'm staying at with my dad. Could you hold on a bit longer?"
You nod your head in response. The two of you start walking and Carl starts to notice that you're limping. "What happened to your ankle?"
"Walkers were chasing me and I twisted my ankle trying to run away."
You feel an arm around your shoulder and look over at Carl who is supporting you.
"Put your arm on my shoulder," he says. You do what he says and he helps you walk.
"Was that pudding you were eating before?" You ask him, just to have a conversation with him.
"Yeah, 12 ounces of chocolate pudding. I found it in the house I was scavenging in." he says. You both let out a nice laugh. You and Carl continue to talk to each other mostly about Terminus and the stories you've heard about the place. You somehow start to forget about your fatigue as if you were completely healthy; as if this new person were healing you. You tell him how your parents told you to meet them at Terminus and he listens the entire time. You start to feel like he's a nice person who genuinely wants to help you. 

Author: Soo how was it? Would you like me to continue? Leave a comment and add to your favourites to let me know! Sorry about it being slow paced I promise it gets better soon... I don't wanna rush it like most of the other fanfictions because I feel like it seems more realistic when these stories move on gradually. It also creates a buildup rather than an immediate love/attraction for each other. But it comes, so please be patient! One last thing - I see that there are quite a few people reading but leaving no feedback or liking so I assume that this is not as enjoyable as I thought it would be? To be honest it's a bit discouraging.. I would gratefully accept any constructive criticism~~~