Chapter four - A wake up call

Start from the beginning

When they reached the safe haven of the forests, there was something black that ran towards the road that led through the left side of the forest. Alex had watched how the guards and several dogs had been running in the wrong direction, and had then he'd take care of Nigel his ankle.

The forest was now deserted, like the road, purified from that one which

was. Nigel still lay on the ground with his face buried in the dirt. A figure which would have been virtually invisible to the naked eye in the dark. But Alex saw the true form, and Nigel his shirt crumpled when Alex took it in his fingers. Alex brought his lips toward Nigel his collar and he smelled the smell of his partner. Finally.

Memories flooded him. It had been already bad enough when he was out of his sight, in the pass. As Nigel cool mind only Alex could excite his consciousness. But to be here with him in the same "space", to be his presence for him to feel, to smell the scent of Nigel his intoxicating skin all around him without being able to take him in his arms - or at least not for long - was almost more than Alex could bear.

Alex had heard any soft breathing of Nigel. He had felt Nigel

his warmth radiate against his belly when he had crawled against his back, and he had felt the knocking of his heart occasionally. He wanted to feel it forever. He wanted it to feel like he had formerly have been possible.

Nigel was finally awake the next day, though. Throughout the day, evening, and night, he had slept. And for a moment, Alex was afraid he wouldn't wake up anymore, even though he could still clearly hear and feel his heartbeat. Alex clenched his jaw, and came up with a jerk as his amazonite green eyes dropped curiously upon Nigel his pale - but dirty - face. He had no idea whether he - Nigel - could actually could see him, but that was perhaps not the most important thing right now.

"Nigel," Alex sighed with relief. He wished that Nigel could hear him at least. That would make everything so incredibly easy - and it would also save him a lot of energy. He had something incredibly important to tell...

Nigel:

He got up slowly, wincing shortly when he made the mistake to stand down on his wounded ankle. He looked around, practically balancing one foot until his hand caught hold of the nearest tree.

"Alex?" he asked, probably a lot louder than he had to. ... No response.. Great.. He took a breath and then began limping further through the woods, not really sure where he was going. As he did Alex could suddenly feel some strange but acing kind of pain in his stomach. It was hunger no doubt. Nigel was used to it and didn't even feel it anymore, but Alex wasn't quite that used to it probably.

After a moment the stumbling wouldn't be enough anymore to get through the branches and all and Nigel fell back down again, groaning annoyed. He was never going to get out of here. When he turned on his back he finally saw Alex though, hovering over him. He blinked and stared back at him, a little surprised and yet seemingly-emotionless, like he still wasn't sure if he believed Alex to be real or not.

Alex: