"She is." It felt uncomfortable discussing what Blythe and I have with my father mainly because I'm not certain what exactly it is that we have. At first, I have to admit that I was into the game because I was challenged by her feisty personality, but as I got to know her, I realized that there's more to her than being a cool straightforward woman.

She's kind, and sweet, and funny.

She's different. Good different. The kind of different that makes you lose your mind.

"When are we going to meet her?"

"I don't know, Dad." I shook my head. "She doesn't even know."

"Know what?" he feigned the cluelessness and it made me want to scowl at him.

"How much she means to me." I hissed, but my tone was low. I didn't want any of the board members to know I wasn't listening because I was busy discussing my lovelife with my father. I have always been attentive when it came to meetings and forums, but right now, I can't stop thinking about her.

"And how much exactly is that?" he teased.

"Dad... You're not taking me seriously."
"I'm sorry, my son. It's hard for me. It's the first time we are having this kind of conversation, and I'm torn between giving you real advice like how a father should and teasing you like friends do."

"Nevermind."

He gave me a final snigger before shrugging. "Follow your heart."

"Not my head?" I asked.

"Not your head." He smiled meaningfully. "Because then, you'd be confused which head to follow." I sighed, exasperated, as he laughed it off. "Kidding, son, I was kidding.

Nang ibalik niya ang atensyon niya sa nagaganap na diskusyon ay kinuha ko naman ulit ang phone ko. Nakalimutan kong hindi nga pala ako nakasagot sa text ni Blythe.

I'll be there in thirty, love.

Ibinulsa ko na ito nang makitang nginingisian na naman ako ni Dad. When the meeting was done, I headed to my office because I left my car key on top of my desk. Palabas na sana ako ng opisina nang makasalubong ko si Dad. Nakapamulsa siya habang nakatingin sa 'kin, marahil nagtataka kung saan ako pupunta.

"Lunch out," I explained. His eyebrows fused together even more.

"Usually, you just stay here and order. Or you call your mother to have food delivered from home. Since when did you learn to have a lunch out, son? I'm intrigued."

"Since today, Dad." I pocketed my keys.

"Wow." He shrugged. "You used to be workaholic."

"Not anymore, I guess."

He still looked puzzled with the way I was acting, so I came to him and patted his shoulder. "Gotta go, Dad. You know..." I let the sentence hang for a bit. An unexpected smile crossed my lips for a second. "Priorities."

"Good Lord, my son is acting like a lovesick teenager!"

***

When I got to the studio, I found Blythe hunched over her desk, sleeping peacefully. I didn't want to wake her because we stayed up late talking last night, but she has to eat lunch. I walked over to her table and gently caressed her back.

"Blythe, I'm here. Wake up, we're getting lunch."

She didn't respond.

"Love, come on, wake up." She groaned and slowly opened her eyes. She looked at me, yawned and stood up. She gave me a small smile before she pulled me into a tight hug.