Bruce to Clint

New message: Bruce

Subject: the whole story

Bruce:

I heard you asked about the incident with Steve and Peggy.

Clint:

No. I don't remember that.

Bruce:

Oh. Well nevermind then.

Clint:

Fine. What happened.

Bruce:

Yay. Anyhoo. It was about six months ago, when we all got drunk and decided to play a prank on someone. Steve had just gone to the bathroom. He was piss drunk so we thought he'd be an easy target. But we didn't mean for him to be so hurt.

Clint:

And?

Bruce:

Well, we thought natasha could pretend to be Peggy, and call him while he was gone. At first we just wanted to make him cheer up, maybe even get him more adjusted to our world.

Clint:

Oh, god.

Bruce:

I know, we were stupid. No one though he would react how he did.

Clint:

What did he do.

Bruce:

He traced the call. Apparently he has connections in s.h.i.e.l.d that would do anything for him. Anyway when he got back and saw what we were doing he got all sad and depressy.

Clint:

Then what.

Bruce:

He ran off. Hid for a week out in the woods off the grid. If it weren't for Tony we never would of found him. He flew around everywhere looking for him. Finally found him in a secluded cemetary. It was peggy's grave. After that Tony carried him back.

Clint:

Romantic. And sad. What the hell is wrong with you guys.

Bruce:

I know. We were being right bastards. Of course since then it seems like Tony and him have been closer than ever.

Clint:

Well then. Thats odd. Maybe they fell in love.

Bruce:

Heh. That'll be the day.