Immortal Child - Chapter 22

~CHAPTER 22-Army~

Roxanne

It was nightfall, and time for us to leave on our journey to Africa. I had much more power now that I’ve drank Mike’s blood, blood from a powerful warlock. My premonitions were much clearer and I even saw us in Africa, staring at a beautiful waterfall. I believe it was the Victoria Falls, also known as “Mosi-o-Tunya” which means “the smoke that thunders”. It is situated between the countries of Zambia and Zimbabwe. The Victoria Falls is one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and people come from all over the world to see this world wonder.

We weren’t going to admire this beauty of nature though; we were on a journey to find the clue that will lead us to Nerice, my ancestor, my biggest nightmare, my damnation. I feared Nerice, she was, besides Alexia and I, the most powerful vampire ever to exist. I was afraid for my loved ones, but I knew this was our destiny.

“Have you packed all your things Rox?” asked Alexia from behind me.

I didn’t hear her entering the room, so she startled me, but I hid it as smoothly as I could manage. Alexia was excited to go to Africa, and so was Mike. They couldn’t wait to hit the road, or rather plane. Africa wasn’t exactly around the corner, so we were flying there. I was a bit nervous about this, not for me, but for Xavier. We were bound to be surrounded by quite a few humans, and self control wasn’t one of Xavier’s strong points.

“I’m almost done Lex.” I said in response.

I continued stuffing my last things into a duffle bag, all the time thinking of Xavier. He had left a few hours ago and hasn’t returned as yet. I was afraid he was going to abandon us, but somehow I knew he wouldn’t. He was just as determined as we were to destroy Nerice. All vampires from across the world were, but none has ever had the courage to stand up to her.

Mike was in the other room, practicing some spells Maria had taught him. He was determined to learn as much as he possibly could, though Maria had said that he didn’t need any of it. He was powerful and spells were for those who had developed over years. Mike was a full blood warlock, not created with human blood running through his veins. No, he was reborn as a warlock, full warlock.

I was lost in empty thoughts when Mike entered the room, wrapping his arms around my waist. I looked at him and smiled. We said nothing as we stared at one another, lost in love. His eyes trailed down to his wrist, and I knew he wanted me to take his blood.

“You need your strength Roxanne.” he said.

“You’re addicted to pain.” I replied bluntly.

“No, I’m addicted to you, your love, everything you.” he said with tear filled eyes.

He knew I wanted his blood when I said nothing, so he made a small cut on his wrist, cooing to me to take his blood. I didn’t hesitate; I immediately brought his wrist to my lips, and started drinking. It was delicious, absolutely divine, and I could feel that Mike enjoyed it too. He smiled at me lovingly and pulled me closer to him.

Seconds passed and I was still drinking, enjoying every droplet that prickled my tongue with excitement, but that scattered the second Alexia came bursting into the room. She stood in the doorway, staring at me, all blood smeared, and at Mike all light headed and pale. I saw fear glimpsing in Alexia’s eyes, and anger too. She was pissed at me for doing this to Mike, taking his blood, and feeding from him.