Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter

Mulai dari awal

            “I’ll be fine,” I whisper into his neck. Truth is I’m far from fine, every time I watch any of them leave now I feel fear for the unexpected things that could happen and it eats me from the inside. I still remember that day all too well. It flashes in my head like a nightmare on replay. Any time I have to send my kids to school all I can think about is that day. That phone call and that fear, a fear I would not wish on my own enemy. A pain so bad, thinking that you may have to burry your child. A child you raised, treated when he was sick, loved through it all, a mother’s love for her child cannot be matched, so a mother’s pain for losing one is worse. It’s almost as bad as watching you child suffer and have problems he never did before.

            The day he got shoot did not only take away his sight, it affected this family greatly and hurt us all a lot. Are family has never been perfect, but now we are all walk around Reece carefully, we don’t want him to suffer more than he already has. We all try stay happy and upbeat because being sad won’t change a thing and being sad only makes life worse. I don’t want Reece to see how much pain I am seeing him suffering with this. How much I wish that I could easily give him his sight back again. I would love to see him racing around the track again and his smiling face when he crosses the finish line first. I wish I could see him on the baseball diamond, his face in concentration as he draws up his knee and sends the ball flying to home plate and into the catcher’s hand. I would give anything to see him on Friday night under the bright stadium lights as the clock ticks down and it’s all on him. He releases a perfect pass and scores a touchdown winning the game. I would give anything to see this happen again. Not because I am one of those parents who pushes their child, but because I know how much it means to him. His face lights up very bright and he was always so happen. That’s a look I’ve haven’t seen since the accident, except the times he with Payton.

            Payton coming into our lives was a miracle. I never thought we could be so lucky, but we are, very, very lucky to have her in my life. I believe that she was a gift to Reece from God, because if it wasn’t for her I have no clue how he would have ever made it through this. I don’t even know how are family would have survived without her. When Reece is with her, now a days, her face shows with pure adoration.

            “I love you honey,” Leo says as he presses his lips against my forehead.

            “I love you too,” I sigh with a sigh and he smiles at me before giving me a soft hug and walks away going to his Rayne.

            A sigh escapes my lips as I slump against the counter. The house is silent and I am home alone. Juliet went to a friend, Conner is doing something for college and Reece is probably with Payton. I take a deep breath attempting to keep myself calm.

            The phone ringing breaks the long lasting silence and I quickly answer it with a hello.

            “Hello, I’m calling regarding the request of an appointment with Doctor Martin. Is this Georgia Collins?” a lady’s voice says through the phone.

            “Hi, yes this is Georgia Collins,” I confirm as I stand up a little more alert.

            “Hi, I wanted to form we have an opening tomorrow morning and if you would like you can bring your son in and Doctor Martin will take a look at him run some tests and see what he can come up with. So will eight in the morning be okay with you?” she asks me and I am astounded we can by now.