"Ms. Jauregui, please, stay calm. You're okay. Your mother is okay as well. Is there anything you need?"

The doctor probably noticed the change on my face, as it went from peaceful to panicked within seconds.

Is there anything I need? Yes, my mom to hold my hand. And water.

"Wa-water" I stammered. Flinching was inevitable after I'd heard my hoarse voice.

"Water? It's on your right." He said whilst examining the notes he held.

I looked at the nightstand beside me and saw a plastic bottle filled with water. Oh, thank god. As I was about to reach it, something blocked my arm again. I lowered my gaze, trying to locate the thing which kept stopping me from moving.

What the fuck???

I am tied up to the bed. My wrists and ankles are draped with a material, as if they had to hold me down like some kind of a freak.

The man looked up from his notes and said "Oh I'm so sorry, let me get it for you."

"Why?" this being the only word I managed to say. He gave me a questioning look. "Oh, the cuffs? You were way too energetic when you got here last night, we couldn't keep you down and since we had to insert the IV in your arm and take care of that wound on your hand, we were forced to do that. I'm sorry. I promise the nurse will take care of that the minute she gets here."

That didn't sound like something I'd do. I'm not even going to check that wound he talked about.

I really want to see my mom.

He kept the opened bottle close to my face, waiting for me to obligate. I lifted my head and opened my mouth. I took a few sips and sighed in relief.

That feels much better.

"My mom?" talking came easier, thankfully. "You'll be able to see her after the nurse takes care of you. She should be here any minute now."

A young woman with a smile on her face walked into the room the moment he stopped talking.

"Good morning, Lauren. My name is Kate and I'll be taking care of you until my shift is over." She said softly and smiled at me.

Okay, the doctor can leave now, she's much nicer.

"Hello. Can you..?" I asked as I looked down at my tied up wrists and lifted my eyebrows.

"Do you read minds? I was just about to do it." She continued talking as she came up to complete the task. "So, how are you enjoying your visit in the hospital? Except the fact that you're lying in one of the most uncomfortable beds in the whole building and you're tied down to the bed, it's not that bad, huh?"

Oh, a joker. Okay..

"Dark humor, huh?" I collaborated. She giggled and winked at me.

"I didn't mention one more thing, one of the worst doctors was assigned to you." She whispered in my ear, sending a dissatisfied look towards him. It was my turn to giggle.

"Kate, you'll be alright, yeah? Three more patients are still waiting for me and I want to be done with them until my break." Well, that was hella rude. Great job, Doc.

"Absolutely, enjoy your break." She said in a serious tone that I haven't heard yet.

"Thanks, Kate." The man smiled at her and left.

"Asshole.." she muttered.

"Woah there!" I found the strength to say. I watched her start undo the objects which held me down last night.