Seven - The Raven

As soon as my eyes closed I saw that I was being chased by a demon but I was flying. I don't know how I was flying but everything seemed so real. The devil was bright red with small horns and a long tail. He held a huge knife and had tattoos all down his arms. I saw the clouds above, they were light and fluffy. So innocent compared to the creep creature. When I looked up I saw a bird above me. It looked like a raven with it's black feathers and dark claws. It was grabbing onto me and dragging me away from the frightening spirit. The raven's touch felt comforting but when I looked back to the red soul I felt fear and hurt in my heart. They were polar opposites. As soon as I felt a little safe the raven dropped me just in time for my nightmare to devour me.

I woke up in a hot sweat and I was breathing heavily. Okay, it was just a dream. No it was a nightmare. I got them regularly. I was used to it but it was so creepy, I couldn't get the image of the demon out of my head. Every time my eyes closed I saw him and it was enough to make me go to Chris. I got up and walked to the couch where Chris was a star fish on the sofa. It was quite cute to me. His snore was ridiculous but also very fitting. As I shook Chris he awake in a groggily manner and opened his eyes slowly, "Ugh five more minutes," he said in a tired voice. It was deeper than usually and had more rasp to it.

I laughed in my head as in reality I was very scared. Chris looked up at me and asked what I was doing. I sat on the ground next to the couch and looked at him. "I got scared, I had a nightmare and I couldn't sl-" I was cut off by Chris picking me up and carrying me to the bed. He went to a side of the bed and tucked me in. He walked back to the couch but before I could I pulled on his shirt sleeve. "Please don't leave," I said. It was a desperate cry for help I know, but I couldn't help it, he made me feel better. Chris nodded and slipped under the covers and wrapped his arms around me. I hadn't slept like this in over a year. The closeness of Chris made my fear vanish from my thoughts. He was my raven.