Chapter 33: Channeling the Firecracker

Dedicated to Isabelle009 for the sweet message. Thanks for reading love!

Natalie Clemons

"How the hell do you not know this song?" He asked, eyes wide as they lingered on me for a brief moment.

I laughed at how seriously he was taking this. "My parents were obsessed with the eighties Harry. Anything before that, I'm not really into."

He clicked his tongue and focused back on the road. "You don't know the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin." He shook his head. "That's it, you're disowned."

"Disowned? From what?"

"I can't be camp partners with someone who doesn't appreciate the classics Nattie." He teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Well I can't be partners with someone who doesn't like Def Leppard."

He smirked and tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as the Rolling Stones song continued playing from his phone. "They just don't impress me."

My head whipped around, mouth gaping open. "They have a one-handed drummer!" I defended, flinging my arms to the side. I didn't care who you were or what music taste you had. The way Rick Allen came back after nearly losing his life in a car crash was damn impressive. Any other opinion was invalid.

"Rolling Stones has been around for fifty years!" He retorted, holding up his phone.

"Yet, I only know one song."

He chuckled. "I can't help it if you've been living under a rock your whole life."

We were clearly getting nowhere with this. How did one question turn into a thirty minute debate anyway? I just asked him who his favorite band was and somehow we ended up trying to prove which decade was better. I shook my head again. Thank goodness we were almost to Atlanta. One more comment about Def Leppard being unimpressive and I was going to throw his phone out the window. Whether it had feelings or not.

"We'll compromise." He suggested after another moment of silence. "How do you feel about Journey?"

I cocked an eyebrow. "You're not on the 'Don't Stop Believing' bandwagon are you?"

I really hoped he wasn't. That song was so overplayed now it wasn't even funny. Journey had so many other amazing songs that were, in my not-so-humble opinion, way better than that one.

He wrinkled his nose. "No, that's way overrated. My favorite is 'Separate Ways'."

I nodded my head in approval and pointed to the exit that he needed to take. If I could count on Harry for anything, it was his hipster tendencies. "Mine's 'Only the Young'."

I navigated him through the craziness of downtown Atlanta on a Saturday. At first I was skeptical about him driving, after all he was used to the other side of the road, but he shoved it off. There were a couple of times when he almost turned into the wrong side of the median, but thankfully he didn't and my beloved Frankie was still in one piece.

I glanced to the backseat as he pulled into a parking space, eyeing my metal crutches in disdain. After twenty minutes of debating with myself earlier in my room, I had finally decided to bring them along for the ride. As much as I didn't want to use them, there was no way I was going to be able to walk around town all day without some sort of help.

Good vibes Nat. Happy thoughts.

Harry followed my gaze. "You don't have to use them if you don't want to." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder. His green eyes were soft and the corner of his mouth tilted up in a reassuring smile. "I can stay at your pace. Or just carry you around on my back." He winked.