Chapter 25: Transformations

My last update was five days ago, so if you don't know what the board's official decision was for the July 4th festival, go back and read the last chapter :)

P.S. When Nat talks about Harry's wicked grin, I imagine that it looks something like the picture above ;) Happy Reading!

Natalie Clemons

"How is it that every other day you wear sleeves and jeans, but on the days parents are here you wear muscle shirts?" I asked, standing beside him as the doors opened to the dining hall. One by one, adults of all sorts filed in. Some were teary eyed because they had never sent their kid away from home before and missed them terribly, but most were probably dreading the fact that it was now their responsibility to entertain their rambunctious child for the rest of the summer.

Harry smirked, placing an arm on my shoulder to lean on. Why he thought leaning on a cripple was a good idea, I didn't have a clue. "Purely coincidence Nattie."

"Uh huh, sure." I rolled my eyes. "So you subconsciously sync up with the weather and show off all your tattoos only on check-in and check-out days?"

He made a clicking noise against the top of his mouth. "Exactly."

I laughed and shook my head. I wasn't actually mad at him for trying to play the badass in front of the parents. Every move Harry made around adults was calculated. He was always daring them to play stereotypes with his brooding eyes and tilted smile. Some, like my Uncle Ben, surprised him by laughing it off and taking him as he was. Others took the bait and Harry automatically launched into attack mode. It was almost as if he was saying: Sure, I might be trouble, but how the hell would you know from just one look? That's right, you don't. Piss off.

Or something to that effect. I speak smartass, not badass.

HIs bottom lip rolled beneath his teeth as he began to scan the crowd, his forearm still leaning on my shoulder..

I scrunched my eyebrows, trying to follow his eyes. "What are you looking for?"

"Nothing." He shrugged, but a moment later he grinned wickedly, folding his arms across his chest in triumph. He seemed happy, but his cocky expression spelled trouble.

I searched the crowds again, stopping as soon as I spotted a familiar poof of platinum blonde hair. Harry began walking towards her, but I yanked his arm back. "No freaking way." I warned, staring into his playful green eyes.

He ran a hand through his hair. "I'm not..."

"I know that look Harry Styles. Whatever you're thinking about doing or saying to her, don't."

He sighed, his bottom lip jutting out in a pout, like a kid who was told he wasn't even allowed in the candy store. "Oh come on. I wasn't going to say anything..."

I cocked an eyebrow.

"...bad." He gave me a sheepish grin. "What if you came with me?"

I bit my lip, looking from Logan's mom, formerly known as Mrs. Uptight, and back to Harry, whose bright emerald eyes were pleading. He was cute and innocent now, but I knew he wanted to tear her arrogance to shreds.

And I was going to let him do it.

As soon as I rubbed my hand over my face, Harry pumped his fist in excitement and squeezed my shoulder. "Sweet, let's go talk to the bitch."

"Harry." I scolded, smacking his arm. No matter what we thought of her, we still had twelve kids sitting at the table behind us, one of them being her son.