+02

[][][] Chapter 2 °•○* Rice Cakes

hyori

I continued making my way around, walking with no sense of direction. I just needed to go away. The park was too noisy since there was a festival going on, so I decided to just walk around the little shops along the roads. The alleys were quiet, couples were everywhere. I was annoyed. But nevertheless, I continued walking alone like someone who has just been ditched or something.

Just then, a tantalising smell caught my attention. It was coming from a shop just around the corner. Anybody would be able to recognise that mouth-watering aroma of rice cakes.

-
-
-

" Waa they look really good " I said to myself.

I was well known for my eating habits, even during class. whenever I felt hungry, I chewed on gum or anything I had with me. I decided to buy a box for my family. Then I thought again, wouldn't it make me a nice neighbour to buy a box for my neighbours as a welcome gift too? Besides, I'd get to know who they were.

" Can I have two boxes please "

soon, I was making my way home since it was almost dinner time.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

" I'm back. I bought rice cakes " I called out for my mother as I entered the door. She came out the kitchen door in her cooking apron. Looking at the boxes in my hand, she widened her eyes.

"Hyori-ah, i-i know you like food but... wh-who's going to finish those??? " Eomma said.

She probably thought I had bought both boxes for us to share. Perhaps I was the only one who knew about the new neighbours.

" Aahhh yes yes I do, they came to greet us just when you left the house. They're the Kims. They have a son about your age or slightly elder you know. "

By the look on her face and the way she stated it, I know she wanted me to be friends with whoever she was talking about. It would be hard though. I never really had interesting stuff to talk to people about, especially guys.

Oh well, I didn't have to force myself anyway.

" I'll go over now then. "

I shrugged coldly. I suddenly didn't have the mood. Sometimes I feel I'm bipolar, my mood changes in 0.3236 seconds. I walked out the door again and walked over to the house next door. It was pretty close, only a few meters away.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

*Ding dong*

I pressed the doorbell once and waited patiently for the door to be opened. After waiting for about half a minute, a pretty good looking guy who was quite tall appeared at the front door.

Holy, what is this??? He was dressed in a sleeveless shirt and shorts and sweating profusely, he was probably working out but he still looked cool. His hair was blonde and kinda messy but he pulled it off. He had piercings on his ears and he had this cute look at first glance and a bad boy look after looking for sometime. His arms looked so fine and his legs were sexy.

" what? " he asked looking kinda grumpy.

Omg, he had this rough and husky voice which was so attractive, it almost got me stunned.

" um.. h-h-hi..., I'm the girl from next door, Joo Hyori. I came to give some rice cakes as a welcome gift. So err.. Welcome to the neighbourhood, hope we'll have a good friendship. " I said and bowed.

My heart was beating so wildly I couldn't even think straight.

PLS SAVE MEEEEE

I've never been this nervous before. I clenched my sweaty palms and looked down biting my lower lip.

His grumpy expression turned into a cute and more relaxed one as he said " hey, I'm Kim Taehyung, hope we'll have a good friendship and thank you for the rice cakes. my family loves them and we're absolute monsters for them " he said and chuckled.

I guess he kinda sensed my awkwardness

" heyyy, you okay? I'm sorry if I scared you "

I could have sworn he looked cute as heck when he was worried or whatever that expression was.

" huh oh haha no noo aha you didn't scare me I was just nervous " I said , being completely honest.

" Aw there's nothing to be nervous about, and um, we can be friends, right? I'd like to hangout and get to know you more sometime. Would you like to come in? My parents are home so don't worry haha"

I could feel my face heating up, oh my god please nO

" suree, I'd love to be friends. I'd like to get to know you too but not today, I have to get back, my mum's waiting. See you around!" I said as I handed him thr box and walked away hurriedly.

" Hey! Can I atleast have your kakao talk ID? " He said waving his phone. I took his phone and quickly typed my ID in and also saved my number since I didn't use kakao talk often.

He smiled as I walked home in a rush. He made my heart race so fast. Everything's happening too quickly. Stop Hyori, you're just nervous and he's just one of the most good looking guys you've ever met in your whole pathetic life.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
I dont even know how she's still living after having encounter taehyung in a sleeveless shirt I