Present

Lola Beth isnt that old, she's 62. She loves baking and actually baked my cake. She said she would love to teach me her secret recipe.

Since her only son died together with her husband 3 decades ago she was accompanied by her childhood friend Edna. You might think that they are bunch of oldies but no! They own the famous pastry shop in town named "The Sweet Tooth"

And as their assistant they have Candy, acting as the ultimate side-kick of the two in the bakery and at home.

Candy helped me with my bag while lola Beth showed me my room while Miguel is playing piano in the living room with lola Edna.

"This was your mother's room before she moved to the city to study high school. Even though this place undergone renovation i kept the promise i made with Belle that I should never ever change a single thing in the room"

We entered and it was huge. Bigger than my room back home. Mom can literally fit 5 beds in here. She has her own comfort room with walk in closet!

Lola Beth walked towards the balcony of the room. She opened the glass sliding door and I followed her.

"Do you see that?" She's pointing to the group of lights that looks so perfect.

I nodded and starred at it.

"That is the garden of this whole country club. Before the land was sold to the developers your grandmother made a deal that the garden should be place right in front of you mother's room, she loves flowers right?"

"Yes she does, and I also do. This is beautiful lola Beth. thank you." i said with smile

"Upon receiving a call from your mother that you will be staying here, i asked Candy to clean this room right away. You reflect your grandmother so much." she looked me in the eye and said "How lovely would it be if she was still here. She would be so proud of you."

What does she know?

"What do you mean Lola?"

She sat by the bed and so did i

"You are a strong woman. Your mother always calls me to update me with all your achievements! You're the student council president, a inter-school journalist, a singer and now a future doctor. Belle could be very proud of you."

Awww, thats so sweet. I never actually knew she existed, not until today but she knows so much about me. i feel awful.

"I don't mean to be rude, but how come I never knew about you or lola Belle having a sister? I thought she was the only daughter?" I asked curiously

Then she smiled slightly.

"Belle is just my half sister. We have the same father. Since her mother died right after giving birth to her your lolo Ben married my mother, and there I was."

"I'm lucky to finally meet you lola Beth. You're such an amazing person, i bet i'll be enjoying my stay here." i said to her

"Thank you, and i'm so happy to finally see you personally. If you need anything i'm just the room across okay? Or you can call Candy her room is downstairs."

I nodded and gave her a hug.

"Happy birthday dear, we all love you so much" she gave me one last kiss and went outside.

I prepared myself to bed, took a shower, brushed my hair. I checked my phone and tried to reply those who greeted me for my seventeenth birthday.

I had a little facetime session with my girlfriends. Sam, Princess and Kendall were asking me where I am but since i promised mom not to tell anybody, I told them I was in our rest house in Tagaytay.

I was about to close my eyes...

Suddenly

OMG I ALMOST FORGOT!

I looked for the box that mom gave me and opened it.

I unwrapped the gift and OHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOOOSH.

Mom outdone herself!

Lying in front of me is a pair of Ballerina Flats and a clutch bag from Kate Spade! Im obsessed with it!

I opened the bag and saw a letter saying "You're a wonderful girl, you deserve this. I love you Nak, Happy 17th birthday!"

I took a picture and sent it to my mom
"Thank you mom! I love you! I freakin love it!!!"

I went back to bed but then i cant sleep. I checked my phone and it was already 10 pm. I peeked if the garden still has the lights on and it does.

I took my hoodie and phone. Wore my slippers and went outside my room. I saw ate Candy watching her teleserye and told her i'll just walk outside and get some fresh air and she let me pass alright.

Walking outside, the wind is making my hair go everywhere.

I was awed when i saw the entrance of the garden.

The gold details everywhere, wide walls, flowers everywhere. It resembles Fernbrook Gardens in Alabang. Such a beauty.

Walking around it I heard guitar playing. I tried to follow the sound and my jaw dropped from what I saw.