CHAPTER 2- GONE GUSTAV GONE

"HICCUPPPP!!!" I awoke to the sound of Snotlouts yelling.

 "THE TINY STUBBORN VIKING IS GONE AND NO I DON'T MEAN YOU!". 

Oh no, not again,  I couldn't imagine the kinds of trouble Gustav could get him self into if he is out by himself.

"EVERYONE, SEARCH THE ISLAND" I heard Hiccup call back.

"Cmon girl" I said under my breath as I mounted onto Stormfly. 

We flew over to the Clubhouse, Stormfly swooped down so I could look in all the windows just for sure but Gustav was definitely not there. Next we circled over Hiccups hut, Nothing looked destroyed or on fire so he was not in there either however I did spot some fabrics and poles on Hiccups crafting table, but I assumed its just for another one of his inventions. Last place I thought he could be was at the stables with Fanghook, but there was no sign of Gustav there either so Stormfly and I headed on over to meet the others.

"Anything??" Hiccup asks worryingly.

"I checked the Clubhouse, your hut , Even the Stables ! He's not there!" I said , slightly concerned since Hiccup hadn't found him first. I wanted to talk to hiccup, for some reason I just needed to know something, something I had been meaning to ask for a long time.

"Hic, do you think.." I started but then Fishlegs and the twins landed, drawing his attention away from me.

"Nothing else is on fire around here, he must be gone!" Fishlegs stated with slight relief.

"Well, WE Haave to find him!!!" Hiccup declared.

"oooorr doooo weee?" Tuff began with a smirk.

"Yeah,, WHy are we worried,, shouldn't we be celebrating the fact that he's gone?!" Snotlout added, confused by what Hiccup had last said.

"Snotlooutt,," Hiccup said slowly. "Not until we know he's safe!" 

"Well we could just ask Fanghook" Ruff said stupidly.

Honestly I didn't see any of those conversations working out for Hiccup, no one really liked having Gustav here anyways. 

Suddenly Fanghook flew right over our heads and landed right next to Snotlout! Amazingly Ruffnut actually wasn't kidding. Toothless engaged with Fanghook and Tuff walked straight up and asked Fanghook where Gustav was, stupidly expecting an answer. I shook my head. Hiccup walked over to Fanghook cautiously and tried to calm him down.

"Eaaasy boy" he said and he gave Fanghook a pat.

"You guys look !!!" Fishlegs exclaimed. There was some parchment attached to Fanghooks horn, this did  not look good to me. Hiccup took the note and read it. 

"DAGUR!!" Hiccup remarked . "He wants to make a trade!" he stated warily, "The dragon eye, for Gustav"

Hiccup rushed over to his hut grabbing the dragon eye and a satchel. He saddled up toothless and we all walked over to see him.

"Hiccup, I don't like this" I defended, I knew Dagur wouldn't just hand Gustav to Hiccup.

"We have no choice!!" Hiccup assured me but it wasn't working "If i wasn't so busy tinkering with the dragon eye, i might of been able to keep him busy." he claimed sheepishly. 

I sort of wanted to nod in agreement of this but that really wouldn't of helped at that particular moment.

Fishlegs piped up "uh yeah no one can keep Gustav busy" and smiled over to me as I WAS his 'Official' babysitter.

Hiccup mounted onto toothless. 

"Hic at least let us back you out up there!" I cried, It really wasn't not a good idea for him to go out there alone.

"No, Dagur was very clear, I have to come alone" 

"But me and Stormfly, we can keep an eye on you in the clouds"

"NO Astrid! We don't know what he will do to Gustav, we can't risk it!"

My face fell, Hiccup wasn't in the mood to have help.

"Don't worry,, I'll be careful" he finished, probably noticing the worry spreading across my face.

"I promise" and Hiccup flew up into sky.

I guess I was sort of relieved, Hiccup never broke a promise, especially to me,  but part of me knew he couldn't do it alone.

"Guys saddle up! , We're going after them" I demanded, Singalling for Stormfly to come over to me.

"Astrid no, you heard what Hiccup said" Fishlegs replied.

"And besides, he's got Toothless, you have nothing to worry about" 

"But Fishlegs.."

"A YOUNG SIXTEEN YEAR OLD VIKING TEARS THE LOVERS APART" Tuff began, I frowned at him and gave him the biggest 'I will murder you' stare.

"WILL ROMEO RETURN ALIVE OR WILL HIS SKULL BE WORN ON A HEAD OF A CERTAIN BERSERKER?" Ruff finished with a proper looking face.

"arRRRGgH.." I began to growl and I signalled Stormfly's spin shot. Her spines just missed the twins feet (purposely of course, me and Stormfly never miss)

"OKay OKAY OKAY" the twins cried, waving their arms all around in shock. They were scared heheh. 

"Astrid why do you care so much about what those to muttonheads say? Its not like Hiccup's gonna die, He's probably made up some dumb plan to get Gustav back already" Snotlout Snorted, followed by a sharp Smirk.

"Its because Astriidd loves Hiccup" Tuffnut sung, some how he had gotten the guts to come back and say that. I heard Ruffnut's 'Yeah' in agreement, followed by snickering. This was to much , I definitely did NOT have feelings for Hiccup, we're friends! It was different from when we were younger.. I couldn't let the others think that we were in so called "love'.

"FOR THORS SAKE EVERYONE, I DON'T LOVE HICCUP!!!!!" I fiercely screamed throwing down my axe. Everyone looked pretty astounded at me . I was angry, annoyed and confused. I hated this. I hated this feeling. This feeling was something that I was taught to push a way. The feelings that weren't the Viking way.

"Uhhm, Astrid, I, I think you better come with me" Fishlegs nervously announced to me. 

"WHY SHOULD I FISHLEGS" I screamed back with rage. Sure I felt a bit guilty for yelling at Fishlegs but i was  honestly so mad at everyone, i just wanted to throw my axe at them all!

"You're in too maniacal of a mood, come to my relax haven with me" he says, almost self promoting his home shamelessly. 

Fishlegs was right, i was  crazy, insane, I was being a complete lunatic and I knew why. It was Hiccup. It had always been Hiccup. All I want is him and without him I am a complete mess. The Twins are right, I am, and always will be, in love with hiccup. But I was a Viking.

I forced the feelings away, again, and nodded quickly to Fishlegs. I jumped onto stormfly and followed him over to his hut.