Chapter 10: Cat Chat

So glad to do Maddie again!!

(Maddie's POV)

I start looking around the room. I was playing Hide and Seek with June, my familiar (looks like a tiger), Skyler, and a wolf pup I found and named Pepper.

"You can't hide forever, guys!!"
I call out. I look in the wardrobe. Nothing. The bathtub? Nope.... The pantry. Not there, either!! How hard is this supposed to be?! I hear panting. Dog panting. Under my bed! I hop onto my bed and hang upside down to peek under the bed. Sure enough, there's Pepper. Her silver fur and lavender eyes are hard to miss.

"Found you!!"
I chuckled. Pepper barks happily, then starts sniffing the ground. I grab the bottom of my cloak and follow Pepper. She looks up at the sink. I smirk. I turn on the cold water and Skyler flies out of the faucet.

"Geez that's cold!!! Pepper!!"
Skyler whined. Pepper wags her tail as a response.

"Two down, one to go. Now where is June......"
I trailed off. I turn around to see June standing in the doorway.

"June, the point of Hide and Seek is to not let the seeker find you."
I explain. June flicks her tail. She jolts her head to the side and runs off with a growl. I hear a scream and dash out.

"June, come back here!!"
I scolded. June walks over to me. She can be overprotective a lot.

"Sorry about her. She doesn't like strang--"
I froze when I saw who June was about to attack. They were on the floor from falling over and panting. I can't believe it......

"S-Sven?! D-D-D-Dmitri?!"
I stammer in shock. They both nod simultaneously. Oh my God.....

"Holy crap, what're you doing here?!?! You could've died in the maze!!!"
I run my fingers through my hair.

"We didn't know about the maze until we got to the entrance."
Dmitri said.

"Are the others in there, too?!"
I ask frantically. Sven slowly nods. My eyes widen. I plop down on the couch.

"Er, who are they?"
Sven questioned, looking at Pepper, June, and Skyler. I sigh. Pepper hops onto my lap.

"Dmitri, Sven..... This is Skyler, June, and Pepper."
Skyler waves, June sits on the couch, and Pepper licks them excitedly. Dmitri starts laughing.

"HAHAHAHA-- Y-You-- HAHAHAHAHAHA-- Weren't-- HAHAHAHAHAHA-- alone?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!"
Dmitri asked in between laughs. I shake my head no. Sven stands up and walks over to me. After Dmitri gets to his feet and catches his breath, he follows. They sit on either side of me. I look down at my feet. Pepper walks to Dmitri and sits on his lap. Sven pets June. Skyler sits on the arm of the couch next to Sven. I glance at him. The scratch on his face made me cringe with guilt. Knowing that I hurt Sven and Dmitri made my stomach tie itself in knots. I quickly shift my gaze from him.

"I-I-I'm s-sorry about the whole going berserk deal back at Fazbear's...... I understand if you guys still hate me....."
I mumbled. Sven and Dmitri frown.

"We didn't even hate you to begin with."
Sven put his hand on my shoulder.

"And we already forgave you, too."
Dmitri smiled. I look at both of them. A grin creeps onto my face as I pull the two into a group hug. Skyler clears his throat. I roll my eyes.

"Get in here, you three."
Skyler smiles and joins the hug. Pepper and June, too.

"Which one is which?"
Skyler asks. I shoot him a look that was meant to say "Really?"

"This one's Sven, the other Dmitri."
I smirk. When we separate, Sven gasps.

"Ohhhhhh boy...... I blew up at Jeremy after you ran off........"
He gasped My eyes grow to the size of frying pans.

"And I sort of...... punched him......"
Sven confessed. Now my eyes were the size of monster truck wheels. My bottom jaw would probably be on the floor if it could go that far.

"You punched Jeremy? You? Sven Dominique Fitzgerald? Punched Jeremy Whatever-His-Middle-Name-Is Fitzgerald?"
I repeated.

"My middle name isn't Dominique......."
Sven corrected. I shrugged. The door opens. Mary and Erica faceplant from what looks like exhaustion.

"Mary!! Erica!!"
I shoot up from my seat. Dmitri and I help Mary and Erica to the couch. I walk to the kitchen and get them some water. They both gulped it down.

"Thanks..... Looks like Dmitri and Sven beat us to the punch....."
Mary breathed.

"Brilliant observation, Captain Obvious....."
I roll my eyes and sit down. Sven and Dmitri are snickering next to me. I make my cloak disappear cause it was making me crazy.

"Did you two do a musical puzzle where you had to finish the song Bubbly?"
Dmitri guessed. Mary and Erica's eyes widen and they nod. As if on cue, Vincent and Phillip stumble in. They notice me and smile.

"Girls!! Sven!!"
Vincent smiled his usual psycho smile.

"Dmitri!!"
Phillip runs up and bro-hugs Dmitri. Two brothers with completely different interests, but they still manage to bear each other as family. Mary hugs Vincent, happy to be reunited with her brother. Like me and Mike... The brotherly and sisterly reunion didn't last long when Mike and Fritz wander in.

"Fritz!!"
Erica shrieks, then jumps off the couch and squeezes Fritz. Mike looks at me, smiling just slightly. I was shocked by grinned and tackled Mike in a death squeeze of a hug. Mike hugged me back without hesitation.

"I'm glad you're alright......"
Mike sighed with relief.

"I am now that my big brother's here."
I look up at him. I heard Erica and Mary "awwwww"ing behind me. Mike hugged me tighter. A little too tight.

"Mike......need.......air......."
I wheezed. Mike released me and I started gasping for air. He started to pat my back. I stood up straight once I caught my breath. The door creaks and standing there was............ Jeremy and Scott.