Chapter 3: Secrets Revealed

"I KNEW IIIIIIT!!!!!!"
Balloon Boy screamed wildly.

"No way... No way... NO FLIPPIN' WAY!!!"
I shouted in disbelief.

"I'm as shocked as you are, Maddie! You!! Having powers!!"
The Marionette exclaimed.

"Not just that, but that BB was right for once!!"

"HEY!!"
Balloon Boy pouted, but I completely ignored him as Jeremy helped me up.

"Oh crap..."
Mike whispered under his breath. Unfortunately for him, I caught what he said with my sensitive hearing. A perk to being half cat.

"'Oh crap'? Why 'oh crap'?"
I asked. Mike cringed when he realized that I heard him.

"Maddie, we have to hide your powers from anyone else. Nobody can know about them since they're so dangerous."

"How do you know if my powers are dangerous or not? You don't even HAVE powers!"
I pointed out.

"I just do, alright?!"
Mike argued.

"Why?! Why are my powers dangerous?!"
I yelled furiously.

"They just are!!"

"Tell me!!! Why are my powers dangerous?!?!"

"LISTEN TO ME, YOUNG LADY!! BECAUSE OF YOUR POWERS, YOU CREATED THE TORNADO THAT KILLED OUR PARENTS!!!!!!"
Mike blurted out. That got me to shut up. I could feel my heart sink to the floor. My ears drooped. A spirit named Skyler appeared next to me. He died from committing suicide right in front of me a year ago, so he's followed me ever since.

"......Wh--What?"
I finally spoke.

Mike sighed as everyone looked at him.

"Your powers......They created the tornado......"
He repeated. I started breathing heavily. I couldn't believe it. I'm the reason our parents died?

"But...why?"
I asked softly, my voice cracking.

Mike let another sigh out.

"Eight years ago, something happened. It was devastating. So devastating that it enraged you. You wanted revenge, so you created a tornado to kill the man responsible. Unfortunately, it drained so much of your energy, that you lost control. The tornado DID kill the target, but it took our home and our parents with it."
Mike confessed. I gasped. My eyes were welling up.

"Wait, how come I don't remember?"
I asked, my voice shaky. Mike looked at me.

"You were so upset that you used a spell to erase the memory of being responsible for the tornado. You overdid it, and erased the memory of your powers as well."
He finished.

"What was I angry about?"
I asked.

"Our house.... It was going to be evicted.... The man was a rich land owner."

I gasped again. One way or the other, we were gonna lose the house.

"No......"
I whispered, tears streaming down my face. But then it hit me...

"You-- You LIED to me....."
I said.

"What?"
Mike said, since he didn't hear what I said.

"You LIED to me!! You kept that secret from me!! You didn't have the guts to tell me the truth!!"
I yelled.

"Maddie, I--"

"DON'T you try to shut me up!! Since then, you treated me like-- like-- LIKE A CAGED ANIMAL!!!!"
I screamed.

"No, I didn't!!"

"Stop trying!! You're making it worse, you-- you LIAR!!"

The whites of my eyes turned black, then my pupils became little white dots. Skyler was floating above my head, but nobody except the spirit flying around Mike could see him.

"Maddie, he was only trying to prote--"
Dmitri tried to reassure me, but I cut him off by shoving him into a table. Sven tried to calm me down, but I responded to him by scratching him across the cheek. When my eyes turn back to normal, I gasped at what I had become. I started to walk towards the fallen boys, but Phone Guys and Jeremy blocked me.

"Stay away from them!!"
Phone Guy growled.

"Guys, I didn't mean to--"

"We don't want to hear it, you monster!!"
Jeremy shouted as he stopped me short. I looked at Phone Guy, then Jeremy, then at Sven and Dmitri. I ran out the door, crying.

"Maddie, wait!!"
Sven called out. But I ignored him, just to keep me going. I had to leave.

I couldn't risk killing them, either....