Invasion of Sanity

Another sad chapter. Sorry guys. Masiyahan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

America collapsed to the ground in pain. He clenched his teeth and shook it off as quick as his body would allow. Using the wall to pull himself up, he got back up to his feet and started walking to the phone. Just as he reached it, it started ringing. He picked up the receiver and put it up to his ear.

"What happened?" He asked sourly, using to table to keep his balance. The one on the other side of the phone was his boss. His voice was choppy and urgent.

"They bombed Pearl Harbor. Are you alright?" He asked. His boss knew that if the country gets hurt, the personification gets physical pains. America coughed a bit but grunted what should be taken as a yes. "Alright. We've received news it was the Japanese. We're going to go check up on it. Hang in there." His boss hung up and so did America.

He sighed and rested both hands on the table. A female's voice came from behind him. "America?" The girl asked "Are you alright?" He turned and smiled at her as best he could while still holding onto the table.

"Yes, I'm fine." He told her in a laughing attitude. "Hey, I have to go, make sure you don't get into trouble while I'm away, alright?" He asked seriously. The girl nodded and he started walking out of the room. The girl saw him out of the house then went back to her room to play with her red model airplane and sing her favorite song again.

America was gone for many hours. The girl started getting concerned when a sharp pain hit her like a truck. She dropped the plane and landed on her side. She screamed in pain and heard gunshot in her ears. She closed her eyes tight in pain. As she withered on the floor she felt a pair of hands pick her up and throw her over their shoulder.

She couldn't do anything to stop them with the pain. The next thing she knew, she was in Germany, the pain subsiding for now. She breathed heavily and pushed herself up. She looked up to three faces looking down at her. She recognized them as the Axis countries and screamed, backing up away from them.

She grabbed around the floor, looking for a weapon but finding none. She looked in fear at the three, knowing that it was one of them that had hurt her country, causing her pain.

"Which one op you did it?" She asked frantically, looking at each face. The confused, brunette she knew as Italy was definitely out. The blonde German looked proud so that left one. Imperial Japan. The girl glared at the Japanese personification. Japan gave a slightly guilty look, as this wasn't exactly his plan but his boss's.

Back in America, the personification opens the door to his house. He's limping but puts on a smile for the girl as he trudges through the house. "Philippines! I'm back! It's your turn to make dinner tonight!" He yelled into the house. Since both of them loved the food of their cultures they often traded out the job of cooking.

When America got no reply though, he got worried. He started walking down the hall where her room was. "Philippines! Where are you?" He shouts, his concern echoing throughout the entire house. Still there was no reply. He opened the door to her room slowly. His heart drops at what he sees.

The only thing in the room is the red model airplane, its wing a one wheel broken off. He dashed over and picked it up. He carried into his office and picked up the phone while grabbing the glue. He dialed his boss immediately.

"She's gone!" He gasped into the receiver. When his boss asked what he meant he got mad quick. "Philippines! She isn't here! What's happening in her country?" At the question, America's boss got very silent.

"We're sending troops over there to try and get the other out..." He told the personification, knowing very well how much the girl meant to him. America stiffened.

"Who?! What's happened over there?! Where is she?!" America yelled. His boss told him over and over that she was plainly missing but America kept asking anyways. This actually went on for a few days. He called up to check the situation everyday, as his boss didn't want him in the Philippines personally.

At the next Allies meeting China was the only one to confront him about the girl missing. "Where's Philippines, aru? Is she sick?" China asked the nation. When he did, America burst into tears and put his head down on the table. China flinched back in shock. He sat down next to the American with a solemn. "What happened, aru?" China asked quietly, rubbing America's back sympathetically.

"Japan... They invaded... and broke.... into my house... She's gone..." He gasped between sobs. The other nations looked in a mix of confusion and awe, but didn't say anything. With how America had said "they", the others knew he didn't blame his friend, but Japan's boss and people. As so, they didn't confront him and China just told him it would be alright.